Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 1:19 pm

Reply to topic  [ 5882 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 137, 138, 139, 140, 141, 142, 143 ... 236  Next
 Wrestling (WWE, IMPACT, NXT, AEW) 
New Server, Same X

Post Re: Wrestling (WWE, TNA, ROH)
And Paige and Del Rio lived happily ever...

Fri Sep 09, 2016 2:07 pm
New Server, Same X

Honestly, the whole situation is a mess. They're both just someone for the other person to sleep with. If they're still together in six months, I'll recant that statement.

At the same time, WWE is a toxic environment and they've consistently broken up dating couples via the draft. John Morrison and Melina is the one I remember most. And anyone would be foolish to think it wasn't done on purpose to split them up. Obviously they could have been a nightmare to deal with, thinking they're some power couple. But I just don't see the point in being malicious towards two people like that. It's a power trip.

Fri Sep 09, 2016 2:12 pm
The Kramer

WWE employees seem to only date each other, so why was the company so against this one?

CM Punk fights tonight!

Sat Sep 10, 2016 12:43 pm
Devil's Advocate

That was a lot of work just to get his ass kicked

Sun Sep 11, 2016 1:18 am
Don't Dream It, Be It

Was it a poor fight? I'll have to catch it sometime tomorrow.

“Gods are great ... but the heart is greater. For it is from our hearts they come, and to our hearts they shall return.”
“We were like gods at the dawning of the world, & our joy was so bright we could see nothing else but the other.”
“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
“You have to pretend you get an endgame. You have to carry on like you will; otherwise, you can't carry on at all.”
"Paper is dead without words / Ink idle without a poem / All the world dead without stories."

Sun Sep 11, 2016 1:22 am
Profile WWW
Devil's Advocate

It was as bad as he could have possibly looked. Gave a nice Cena promo afterwards though

Sun Sep 11, 2016 1:46 am
The Kramer

It was a sad night for us all. I popped for "Cult of Personality" though!

Sun Sep 11, 2016 2:40 am
100% That Bitch

That was just bad.

Tongue Pop!

I kneel with Magnus.

Sun Sep 11, 2016 10:22 am
New Server, Same X

Here's my take on it, and let me preface it with this: I don't watch UFC. It has never interested me. I don't get any enjoyment out of watching two men or two women fight each other with such brutality. Now I also have nothing but respect for those that do fight. I honestly believe UFC is the number one reason for WWE's decline in popularity. The decline in quality in the last fifteen years sent a lot of people away and I'm sure many of those started watching UFC. More fighting, less storyline. Just makes sense.

Having said that, I have nothing but respect for CM Punk, but I can't imagine the disappointment he's feeling. The writing was on the wall for months, if not longer. He's been plagued with injuries and dogged by doubters since signing in late 2014. I think if he could have been ready for a 2015 debut and had the same loss, he may have gotten a second fight in UFC. But I strongly doubt it'll happen now. Dana White got what he wanted out of Punk. A second fight now, after such a long wait and a disastrous debut, will not garner much attention.

Honestly, and this is an uneducated opinion, I can't imagine years of fake wrestling are that easy to erase. I'm not saying he got in the octagon and was prepared to throw fake punches, but you live that lifestyle for so much of your life and it's hard to recondition yourself to actually fight. Not to mention he is still very much CM Punk - Former WWE Superstar, as much as he'd like to think he's not. He's using the same name, came out to the same music, had the same persona (more on that in a second). He's still a part of that world, forever tied to it. That had to play a part too. Not to mention the idea of guys like Vince or Triple H watching, waiting for him to fail.

As for the persona, I think it was seriously misguided to be so cocky. I've seen two sides to CM Punk: the brash, arrogant Punk, and the thoughtful, humble Punk (which we saw after the fight). I think both are genuine sides to him. And I think it was wrong to play up his arrogance so strongly. It continued a character he created in his wrestling days. Again, he's steeped in that world. He can't ever erase that, and it continues to permeate into his current venture.

And will this be the end of his fighting days? Who knows. Like I said, a second fight in UFC, to me, is a mixed bag. I'm sure if he could ready himself for the late Fall, it may draw. But can anyone bank on a 37-year old man who has been consistently injury prone and had a disaster of a debut match? I'd like to see it happen. No amount of prep can get you ready for a genuine fight. Maybe he could learn from his mistakes and turn into quite a fighter. Maybe he's just not able to adapt.

Sun Sep 11, 2016 4:15 pm
New Server, Same X

After a meandering start to his WWE career, AJ Styles rebounded big with a clean victory over John Cena followed by a victory last night against Dean Ambrose, laying claim to the WWE World Championship (the "A" title, in my eyes).

WWE has a track record of downplaying "outsiders" in their company, most recently Sting who lost his only two matches with the company, but they seem to be treating AJ Styles with respect, giving him a chance that I honestly didn't think they'd give him after his Rumble debut.

Mon Sep 12, 2016 8:03 am
Don't Dream It, Be It

Yep, they're doing a great job with him right now, and hopefully he keeps the belt for a good amount of time.

Also, CWC 2-Hour Finale tomorrow night! I'm hoping for a Ibushi win, but they keep playing up the "tournament favorite" angle a bit too much, and I expect him to lose in the semis/finals for the awe factor and to hype another further. I know TJ Perkins signed with WWE recently, so perhaps he's the guy.

This tournament has been the most fun I've had watching wrestling in a long time. Not to say I don't enjoy WWE/NXT, but the Cruiserweights in this tournament have put on an incredible show, amazing talents, and I can't wait for the division to debut on RAW next week.

“Gods are great ... but the heart is greater. For it is from our hearts they come, and to our hearts they shall return.”
“We were like gods at the dawning of the world, & our joy was so bright we could see nothing else but the other.”
“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
“You have to pretend you get an endgame. You have to carry on like you will; otherwise, you can't carry on at all.”
"Paper is dead without words / Ink idle without a poem / All the world dead without stories."

Tue Sep 13, 2016 11:03 pm
Profile WWW
New Server, Same X

I'm not invested much in RAW or Smackdown, but I kind of love Owens and Jericho together. Jericho has such an uncanny ability to reinvent himself every so often.

Tue Sep 27, 2016 11:24 am
100% That Bitch

Charlotte and Banks NEED that hell in a cell match to blow up their feud.

A million times
MOre deserving than rusev and reigns.

Their main event was fierce and that corkscrew moonsault!!!!

Tongue Pop!

I kneel with Magnus.

Mon Oct 03, 2016 11:27 pm
New Server, Same X

Sometimes it feels like they're giving up on the women, but lately they're giving them a great chance and this was no exception. Loved seeing Charlotte and Sasha headline RAW. I think we're a long, long way away from ever seeing two women headline a PPV (NXT excluded), but it's nice to see the women get this chance.

Tue Oct 04, 2016 11:53 am
100% That Bitch

Rumor has it they are indeed getting the Cell. Fuck yeah

What do you think of this? It's at least more deservin that the nonsense of rusev/roman

Tongue Pop!

I kneel with Magnus.

Tue Oct 04, 2016 2:06 pm
New Server, Same X

No one cares about Roman and Rusev. Giving one of their Cell matches to them is a waste. They've fucked Roman by not making him a full-fledged heel, and Rusev is whatever. He's not a terrible heel, but he'll never go beyond the midcard.

I'd love to see what Charlotte and Sasha could go in the Cell. They obviously can't go Taker/Mankind '98 in there, but they could have a smart Cell match, using it to their advantage of the story without exploiting the Cell as a prop.

Tue Oct 04, 2016 2:45 pm
The Kramer

Sasha saying "lets go to hell bitch" would be her austin 316 moment.

As proven last night, this is the big feud that people care about on Raw. It deserves the cell and the main event. And it would make up for ruining their big summerslam moment.

Id also rather see Owens and Jericho face New Day again than another title match with Rollins. That segment was almost as good as the main event. "you're on the list!" Let Seth do something with HHH outside the ropes.

Tue Oct 04, 2016 4:31 pm
100% That Bitch

THEY GOT THE CELL oh god I couldnt be happier. They deserve the shit put of it and in No$$ton. Calling it añready best match of the night y'all guys.

The other two cell matches can grfo this is the real main event

Tongue Pop!

I kneel with Magnus.

Mon Oct 10, 2016 9:36 pm
New Server, Same X

So... no one has mentioned yet that Goldberg is coming to RAW next Monday.

It's kind of crazy that he has not wrestled since 2004. His best years are obviously gone, and his WWE run was shit, but I'm still excited to see what they do with him, besides a rematch with Lesnar.

Thu Oct 13, 2016 2:12 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

A rematch with Lesnar is probably all they're going to do with him. And he'll lose.

Fri Oct 14, 2016 6:41 pm
Profile WWW
The Kramer

I'm only interested in Goldberg v Gilberg.

Sat Oct 15, 2016 9:12 pm
New Server, Same X

Rematch with Lesnar, then headline the 2017 Hall of Fame.

Sun Oct 16, 2016 9:13 pm
New Server, Same X

All my feelings aside... I was very pleased with Goldberg's return. It felt special. I don't know how they keep getting these big names to return or debut in WWE (Warrior and Sting in 2014, Shane this year, Goldberg), besides big money, but they do it. Of course, the big softie Goldberg, going around to all the kids, will be mocked heavily by Brock and Heyman next week. Which should make it fun.

Tue Oct 18, 2016 5:02 pm
100% That Bitch

who is left to return though.

Also did mick just confirmed sasha and charlotte will be the main event?

Tongue Pop!

I kneel with Magnus.

Tue Oct 18, 2016 5:20 pm
New Server, Same X

I don't know how he did it, but Chris Jericho is my current favorite character. Not sure he'll be able to re-invent himself any more after this. Will they pull the trigger and have him turn on Kevin Owens? Maybe have the two face each other at Survivor Series? The crowd pretty much loves The List of Jericho, "stupid idiot", etc. Seems logical to get one more main-event match out of him and let him put over Owens.

Tue Oct 25, 2016 5:36 pm
Reply to topic   [ 5882 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 137, 138, 139, 140, 141, 142, 143 ... 236  Next