Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:30 pm

Reply to topic  [ 5858 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 144, 145, 146, 147, 148, 149, 150 ... 235  Next
 Wrestling (WWE, IMPACT, NXT, AEW) 
Don't Dream It, Be It

Post Re: Wrestling (WWE, TNA, ROH)
Poor Jason Jordan. The crowd was overwhelmingly on The Miz's side tonight. They even booed Jordan after the match...

“Gods are great ... but the heart is greater. For it is from our hearts they come, and to our hearts they shall return.”
“We were like gods at the dawning of the world, & our joy was so bright we could see nothing else but the other.”
“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
“You have to pretend you get an endgame. You have to carry on like you will; otherwise, you can't carry on at all.”
"Paper is dead without words / Ink idle without a poem / All the world dead without stories."

Sun Sep 24, 2017 8:20 pm
Profile WWW
The Kramer

A good show even the two main events just stagnated the storyline. Braun goes down after one f5, but think about how cool it will be when Roman kicks out of ten of them!

The undercard elevated this show past that though. Miz, Balor, Rollins and Ambrose are the real stars now.

Mon Sep 25, 2017 11:49 am
New Server, Same X

Terrific ending to the PPV last night. How dominant did they make Braun look in that match? It took a dozen F5s to finally beat him! At least it did when I replayed it a dozen times to make myself feel better that they buried Braun yet again in favor of keeping the title on a man who hasn't needed a WWE title in about 15 years. The reasoning must be that Brock wants it on him. There's no excuse. And you don't keep a title on an absentee champion like this unless they need it to elevate themselves and the show, and it does neither of those things. Brock is Brock, he draws on his own. The title is meaningless for him.

But hey, at least they can give Roman Reigns is 100th babyface-booked main-event championship match soon. I hope they wait until Wrestlemania, everyone will love that and it won't be booed out of the building at all!

Mon Sep 25, 2017 1:35 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

Enzo Amore is closing tonight's RAW...? I know his character is suppose to be annoying now, maybe even obnoxious as of late, but I don't even bother listening to him at this point. And they're continuing the Balor/Wyatt feud despite Wyatt losing twice on PPV already? I read that Wyatt has lost 70% of all his matches...

Also, No Mercy was very good until Lesnar/Strowman. Definitely one of the weakest main events of the year, or past few years, surprisingly. I don't know why they couldn't come up with a 10-15 minute match of simply trading big spots and kick-outs. They could have just mirrored the Lesnar/Goldberg match earlier this year.

“Gods are great ... but the heart is greater. For it is from our hearts they come, and to our hearts they shall return.”
“We were like gods at the dawning of the world, & our joy was so bright we could see nothing else but the other.”
“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
“You have to pretend you get an endgame. You have to carry on like you will; otherwise, you can't carry on at all.”
"Paper is dead without words / Ink idle without a poem / All the world dead without stories."

Mon Sep 25, 2017 10:47 pm
Profile WWW
New Server, Same X

Some random thoughts:

-It was funny watching two of the three biggest stars created in 2002 (Orton being the third) have two big matches and two big opportunities at No Mercy. The first, John Cena, came up big and put over Roman Reigns. I don't like that against all reactions, they haven't changed Roman's character at all. But it's about Cena going out and putting someone over.

On the opposite end, the second of 2002, Brock Lesnar, put on a ridiculously short match, took a beating, gave one F5 and pushed Braun Strowman way back down the pecking order. It was embarrassing to watch as a wrestling fan who thought things were different lately. But it's the same song and dance. Forfeit all logic in favour of keeping the title on a guy who can't be bothered to do a more long-term contract. He attracts an audience, so why keep the title on him? It's a fucking waste.

-It's crazy to see how the Universal Championship has been a useless prop since March. Goldberg inexplicably won it at Fastlane, Brock beat him at Mania and it's been on him since. Brock didn't defend the title again for THREE months, and in the span of the next three months, killed any momentum for Samoa Joe and Braun Strowman, two incredibly deserving guys that would have made the RAW brand much better by defending the title. Now you've lost two big names to the midcard in favor of an absentee champion who will end up either dropping it to Roman at Survivor Series or Wrestlemania. God willing, Survivor Series. Please don't make us sit through another Mania headlined by a supposedly-underdog Reigns.

-We know Brock is done till Survivor Series (at least) because of the long-planned Shield reunion which is bound to happen at TLC. And against The Miztourage? Another waste.

Tue Sep 26, 2017 11:33 am
100% That Bitch

Alexa and Mickie created gold last night, I'm so excited for their feud.

Too bad Asuberg is coming and NO ONE is ready for her.

Tongue Pop!

I kneel with Magnus.

Tue Sep 26, 2017 5:37 pm
100% That Bitch

So Mickie goes from psycho to fat to old?

Lmao

Tongue Pop!

I kneel with Magnus.

Tue Oct 03, 2017 2:34 pm
New Server, Same X

It's pretty shitty that they can't just let her be Mickie James without giving her these ridiculously harsh storylines. At least she's finally getting a title shot (presumably).

I liked the silent ending with the Shield reunion. For maximum impact, they should open the show next week, complete with Shield music.

I don't bother watching the Enzo stuff right now. What happened with them last night? Is this one long punishment for him or?

Tue Oct 03, 2017 3:25 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

Kalisto came out as the newest member of 205 Live and beat up Enzo. It was quite compelling.

Tue Oct 03, 2017 11:34 pm
Profile WWW
Don't Dream It, Be It

Sami Zayne.

Mon Oct 09, 2017 12:13 am
Profile WWW
New Server, Same X

Shane McMahon is an awful wrestler, who throws punches that make me wince. But you can't deny he's an incredible risk-taker. Coast-to-coast takes skill and guts, but jumping off a cell multiple times in your life is insane. He may have left wrestling for a few years, but his heart has always and will forever be tied to doing everything for the fans.

On the plus side, I smell a decent storyline for Sami Zayn finally.

Mon Oct 09, 2017 10:34 am
New Server, Same X

It sucks that WWE has effectively killed momentum for two of its biggest rising stars in Strowman and Nakamura. At least the latter lost to someone who isn't just a part-timer, although I don't quite understand the insistence to keep going with Jinder's reign. We get it, you're all in on this "let's make Jinder something" movement. Once he loses the title, he'll be back in the midcard (or worse) in two months tops. And I'm not sure who will end up being the next challenger to Jinder. It's way too soon for Bobby Roode, and the only other victorious babyface at Hell in a Cell is Randy Orton, and I'll be damned if I have to sit through another title match with Orton.

Mon Oct 09, 2017 11:29 am
The Kramer

Great match and a great heel turn to end it. That's a Wrestlemania match for Sami Zayn right there.

As for Jinder, I was hoping he'd move on to The New Day. Maybe not till after Survivor Series though. Owens and Zayn will need a big feud for that show. Maybe a one off with AJ at SS?

Mon Oct 09, 2017 3:19 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

Nakamura's second loss against Jinder feels like a majorly missed opportunity. When Corbin won the US Title, I was certain Nakamura was going to win the WWE Title to set up an eventual Nakamura/Styles WWE Title feud for the Rumble and/or Wrestlemania. I guess it can still happen, but the build up will feel less significant.

Mon Oct 09, 2017 8:04 pm
Profile WWW
100% That Bitch

So with tonight's segmento, Old Mickie James has officially becone Piggie James 2.0.

Tongue Pop!

I kneel with Magnus.

Mon Oct 09, 2017 11:49 pm
New Server, Same X

Man, I hope WWE doesn't continue to have Ambrose and Rollins come out to their respective theme songs. Can't have the Shield without their theme, even if they just gave it to Roman without the intro.

Of all the championships to promote in Lesnar's absence, I didn't think they would go with the Cruiserweight title. Three weeks in a row it closed RAW.

Tue Oct 10, 2017 5:06 pm
Top Poster

Neville quit WWE?

Wed Oct 11, 2017 4:38 pm
Profile WWW
The Kramer

Alex Y. wrote:
Neville quit WWE?
Looks like it. Might as well fold the cruiserweight division. Anytime they build a real star like Neville or Aries they quit. And since 205 Live is the clear #4 show and mostly used for Raw filler, I don't totally blame them.

Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:50 pm
The Kramer

Survivor Series main event is

Spoiler: show
Brock v Jinder :funny: :funny:

Sat Oct 14, 2017 3:19 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

Squash match if true, and certainly won't be a big ticket seller.

Imagine if we never had to experience Jinder Mahal's title reign for so long. We could have had Brock vs. Styles or Nakamura.

Sun Oct 15, 2017 11:39 am
Profile WWW
New Server, Same X

If Brock beats Jinder, he's basically undoing half a year of building Jinder Mahal into a top heel champion. I don't agree with the choice to push him and I don't think he'll be more than a midcarder once he loses the title, but I definitely don't agree with having him put over Brock fucking Lesnar. He's ruined RAW, don't let him ruin Smackdown.

This reeks of having an interference anyway to set up a feud for Brock into Royal Rumble or Wrestlemania. So even though they've done everything to undermine the RAW locker room, I don't think they'll have Brock beat Jinder.

Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:30 am
Top Poster

Jinder beating Brock would be even worse lol

Mon Oct 16, 2017 12:09 pm
Profile WWW
Don't Dream It, Be It

BAH GAWD! That's gotta be, that's gotta be the Mayoral Candidate for Knox County! Didn't expect him to show up.

P.S. Happy Birthday, Mister Ecks!

Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:47 pm
Profile WWW
Don't Dream It, Be It

Nia Jax has reportedly (I think, conflicting reports) taken a leave of absence from WWE...

Tue Oct 17, 2017 6:55 pm
Profile WWW
Devil's Advocate

Up to Summerslam

- Pretty stunned Brock retained there in spite of the obvious set up to take the belt off him, so he's just going to hold the belt until Wrestlemania until the inevitable Reigns match? I thought putting the belt on Samoa Joe was the play there to hold it through the fall like AJ did for Smackdown last year.

- I had Jinder beating Shinsuke spoiled, but that match was pretty bad. I'm holding out hope the only reason Jinder won is so he can lose the title on a Smackdown. Corbin losing MITB and then getting buried by Cena clean was pretty brutal. Not sure if they changed their mind on him or if he's just going to become champion really soon so they were ok making him take the Ls.

- Going against Big Show doesn't help, but Big Cass is fucking terrible in the ring, he makes Jinder look like Daniel Bryan

- Usos and New Day are on fire

- What a difference a year makes for the Miz in a bad way. He went from elevating the IC title on Smackdown to it being a joke right now.

Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:11 pm
Reply to topic   [ 5858 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 144, 145, 146, 147, 148, 149, 150 ... 235  Next