Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:43 am

Reply to topic  [ 5858 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 147, 148, 149, 150, 151, 152, 153 ... 235  Next
 Wrestling (WWE, IMPACT, NXT, AEW) 
Devil's Advocate

Post Re: Wrestling (WWE, TNA, ROH)
The Roman Reigns Intercontinental Title open challenge! It was interesting seeing the difference between Elias and Jordan in that episode, as opposed to the force fed Jordan, I feel like Elias organically earned his spot so far... Honestly think after his NXT disaster when they called him up they were just expecting a comedy relief enhancement talent like Aiden English or something.

I am sure people online are talking about Shinsuke's fade but I see warning signs for Balor too. Stuff like starting what could've been a Samoa Joe PPV feud then it just turning into a Raw match. Will Demon vs Demon even be on a PPV? The nice thing about him though is turning him heel Bullet Club leader with Gallows and Anderson is always there as a backup plan.

Paige's henchman seem pretty weak so far. The MMA one said one word and was already getting "What?" reactions. Kind of think they should have just made Paige come back as a face, go this is my house and feud Alexa. I prefer Riot squad so far. I like the potential of Sara Logan hunter/backwoods character turning into an eventual predator.

Are Gable and Benjamin heels now and Usos the face? Not sure what's going on there, or New Day seemingly going back in the title picture so fast.

Kalisto surprisingly busting as a cruiserweight. I didn't realize he would still seem so small against them after Neville felt like a completely different guy physically against wrestlers his size and he's not the best Lucha worker they have as Gran Metallik is awesome. Interested to see Hideo Itami in the division

Thu Dec 07, 2017 6:16 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

Reportedly, Vince doesn't think Balor is over enough with the crowd to give him another main event/title push again so "soon". Also, reportedly, the plan a couple months back was to have a Balor vs. Lesnar title match at the Rumble this year. Heyman had done his part in hyping it by saying that while he believes Styles in the best in-ring performer of this generation, others would argue that it's Balor. And the commentators, notably Cole, are typically quick to note that Balor was the first Universal Champion.

*Shrug*

Balor is basically trolling Vince/WWE officials and/or fans on social media now with the "Over" reports in recent days/weeks.

“Gods are great ... but the heart is greater. For it is from our hearts they come, and to our hearts they shall return.”
“We were like gods at the dawning of the world, & our joy was so bright we could see nothing else but the other.”
“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
“You have to pretend you get an endgame. You have to carry on like you will; otherwise, you can't carry on at all.”
"Paper is dead without words / Ink idle without a poem / All the world dead without stories."

Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:56 pm
Profile WWW
The Kramer

They should just do Balor Club v Shield. Finn has never gotten a chance to be a villian in WWE and that type of feud could last from Rumble to Mania easily before Roman moves on to being King again.

He is one of the top 5 right now, but his character is very vanilla outside of ppvs. Maybe its the accent too. "Dubaya Dubaya Eee Universail Chompianship." It must make Vince cringe. Maybe Bullet Club could be associated with the IRA. :funny:

Sat Dec 09, 2017 1:04 pm
Devil's Advocate

Balor's charisma is pretty bad and he's not huge. I can see why Vince wouldn't believe in him.

Shane being special guest ref at CoC seems like a set up for him to go heel.

Now I can actually read wrestling rumors again. I read that there's a chance Neville was in talks to come back as he was never officially released. Though I'm assuming he's done with 205 for sure one way or the other since he's out of their intro. If they bring him back it will be on main roster I bet. I saw someone say he should come back as a faction with Zayn and Owens and play up him being as pissed off at the higher ups as they are for not pushing him.

Sun Dec 10, 2017 12:02 am
Devil's Advocate

Rich Swann was arrested for domestic battery and kidnapping and is suspended/probably done

Sun Dec 10, 2017 1:24 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

And he seemed like such a chill guy, too! Wow.

“Gods are great ... but the heart is greater. For it is from our hearts they come, and to our hearts they shall return.”
“We were like gods at the dawning of the world, & our joy was so bright we could see nothing else but the other.”
“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
“You have to pretend you get an endgame. You have to carry on like you will; otherwise, you can't carry on at all.”
"Paper is dead without words / Ink idle without a poem / All the world dead without stories."

Sun Dec 10, 2017 2:25 pm
Profile WWW
The Kramer

I wonder if Drew Gulak will make a powerpoint about it.

I really liked Swann though. Even if he avoids jail his WWE career is done.

Sun Dec 10, 2017 3:21 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

This Bray/Matt feud is delightful.

And if Kane challenges Lesnar at the Rumble for the Universal Title... :funny:

Mon Dec 11, 2017 9:47 pm
Profile WWW
Devil's Advocate

Definitely thinking Bryan or Shane turn heel. Leaning towards Bryan since it would fit the storyline to align with the indie guys storyline, but fans would cheer for him too much. Shane is just a more natural authority heel.

Corpse wrote:
This Bray/Matt feud is delightful.

And if Kane challenges Lesnar at the Rumble for the Universal Title... :funny:

Brock vs Braun vs Kane triple threat? MEH. I was hoping he recovered miraculously quickly and "Well it's the Big Showww" ended last week's Raw.

Fri Dec 15, 2017 5:08 pm
Devil's Advocate

Vince thinking about bringing the XFL back? :lol: They'll have Trump's support for standing for the flag!

Sat Dec 16, 2017 2:17 pm
Devil's Advocate

I saw someone on reddit point out that Ziggler's entrance thing gives them some excellent troll potential for the Royal Rumble. Imagine if CM Punk's music played at #30 only for it to be Ziggler. Bryan, Austin, The Rock...

Sun Dec 17, 2017 2:31 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

Ziggler seems to have gone back to his own entrance (minus the energy) in the past month or so, unfortunately.

It would be pretty awesome if they do that at the Rumble, though!

Sun Dec 17, 2017 4:10 pm
Profile WWW
New Server, Same X

CM Punk's music would be the best bet. MEGA heat.

Mon Dec 18, 2017 2:39 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

Ziggler winning the U.S. Title... okay. Nice surprise, and he's obviously talented, if not "bland" anymore, so good for him, but at the same time it feels like a waste.

I'm not sure what to think of Smackdown's Women division right now. Charlotte is leagues above the others in all respects (excluding Becky, but she's gone for awhile), so it's hard to feel any excitement for any of her matches... And Carmella is getting so little time on screen lately that her cash in is going to be incredibly dull.

Please don't do two special guest referees again, WWE... It was exhausting and very distracting, and focusing on the Owens/Zayne vs. Orton/Nakamura tag match proved difficult. It was a pretty mediocre match overall, as well, when it could have been good.

Styles vs. Jinder was probably their best match together, but only because AJ got to sell like a beast early on. Hopefully this is the end of their feud, and AJ gets the opportunity to put on some great matches again.

The only exciting thing going on on Smackdown right now, for me, is the Tag Team division.

Mon Dec 18, 2017 8:30 pm
Profile WWW
100% That Bitch

So Asuka is winning the Women's Royal Rumble, right?

Tongue Pop!

I kneel with Magnus.

Thu Dec 21, 2017 1:07 pm
The Kramer

Mau wrote:
So Asuka is winning the Women's Royal Rumble, right?
Asuka winning and facing Paige at Mania would be the best story.

I’m most interested in the surprise entrances though. Those are always the best part of the men’s rumble. Could we get Trish and Lita? One of Ronda’s girls? The return of the undefeated Snooki???

Sat Dec 23, 2017 3:54 pm
100% That Bitch

Honestly all I want is a surprise one night return of All Red Everything herself with the over the top entrance and redoing the Asuka elimination from NXT. Spot of all 2018

Tongue Pop!

I kneel with Magnus.

Sun Dec 24, 2017 10:15 am
Devil's Advocate

Was happy for my boy Ziggler to get the big US title victory, but was afraid it'd last two days. So of course he vacates it on Smackdown. I guess with a likely 5 or 6 month lull before the next call up like Andrade Cien Almas or Drew McIntyre and they need someone to job to them, they can give Ziggler a rest. Poor Mojo and Dillinger wondering how they missed out on a serving of Ziggler jobber soup while they had the chance.

Tue Dec 26, 2017 12:39 am
Devil's Advocate

Random Wrestlemania card predict

Pre-show:
Andre the Giant Battle Royale
Hideo Itami (c) vs Finn Balor - Cruiserweight title
The Bludgeon Brothers (c) vs The Usos vs Rusev and English vs The New Day - Smackdown tag titles

Main show:
Shane McMahon vs Bobby Roode
Samoa Joe (c) vs Bray Wyatt vs Matt Hardy vs Jason Jordan - Intercontinental title
The Bar (c) vs The Revival vs Sanity vs The Authors of Pain - Raw Tag Titles ladder match
Jinder Mahal (c) vs John Cena - US title
Randy Orton vs Kevin Owens - no holds barred
Paige (c) vs Asuka - Raw Women's Title
The Miz vs Kurt Angle
Charlotte (c) vs Becky Lynch - Smackdown Women's Title
Seth Rollins vs Dean Ambrose
Triple H vs Braun Strowman
AJ Styles (c) vs Shinsuke Nakamura - WWE title
Brock Lesnar (c) vs Roman Reigns - Universal championship

Heel turns: Shinsuke Nakamura, Bobby Roode, Dean Ambrose, Becky Lynch, Hideo Itami
Face turns: Karl Anderson, Drew Gulak

Toyed with Orton/Shane and Owens/Zayn double turn. I think fans would get behind the Yep Movement vs Shane in authority McMahon mode. Especially with Daniel Bryan involved on Owens and Zayn side

AJ's opponent if he's the champion is hardest. Wouldn't be surprising if Vince went for Styles/Nakamura at Rumble instead after Nak and Jinder feud was such a mess. Orton would probably have to win two Rumbles in a row to be WM opponent (Raw's #1 contender is likely decided in Elimination Chamber, plus I doubt Reigns wins two Rumbles in Philly and both times to face Brock) and him and Owens haven't really singles feuded yet so they could just be saving it. Make Roode win Rumble, turn him heel like his NXT character and see if he becomes an instant superstar? That's another one where you could take the safer route and make it the Rumble match instead. DOLPH? (he could really salty about everyone calling AJ the best wrestler in the world and having the career that should've been him. Has the storyline to resurface in the Rumble and win)

Tue Dec 26, 2017 6:08 am
The Kramer

Slammies

Wrestler of the year - AJ Styles
Runner up: Braun Strowman

Match of the year - The Revival v DIY v Authors of Pain at Takeover Orlando
Runner up: Brock v AJ at Survivor Series

Woman of the year - Asuka
Runner up: Alexa Bliss

Tag-team of the year - The Usos
Runner up: New Day

Promo of the year - Cena v Reigns
Runner up: KO v Vince

Tue Dec 26, 2017 5:57 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

Are we really getting Balor Club vs. The Shield!? I'm surprised WWE officials (Vince) finally decided to acknowledge the Balor Club. Probably more surprising than finally getting Broken Matt Hardy.

But considering how popular NJPW is getting in the West (and their growing network subscriptions), especially with Chris Jericho seemingly sticking around there after his first non-WWE match in 19 years, perhaps WWE officials are recognizing they may need to begin actively appealing to the broader pro wrestling crowd, even if only a little. Wrestle Kingdom 12 last week practically reached max capacity with almost 45,000 attendees -- the most attended show in 15 years.

Mon Jan 08, 2018 9:11 pm
Profile WWW
New Server, Same X

It's a step in the right direction, but as with anything involving Vince (unless the XFL/football thing is taking up his time and providing Stephanie and Triple H more control), they'll likely take ten steps back.

Matt vs. Bray should have been held off till Wrestlemania. I'm nervous they're going to ruin it and end up killing both (or just Matt, considering they've never been able to push him into a bigger singles star). Seems so misguided for both to have their feud happen so soon.

And Balor Club will be fed to The Shield Minus Ambrose Plus Jordan. And that's a shame because Balor, Gallows and Anderson look a million times better and more confident together. I actually buy Balor as a threat right now. He needs backup. But I don't think he's going to get anywhere.

I'm curious what kind of rules the womens' Royal Rumble will be. Competitor every minute? Wrestling fans can still be too backwards and end up booing a long match with all women. I'm sure they have some nice surprises lined up though (Santina Marella, I hope).

Tue Jan 09, 2018 5:01 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

I have faith that the fans will support the women during the Rumble. Since they're doing a full 30 entries, about ten of them will be NXT women and surprise entries from the past, so that number (1 in 3) will help maintain interest if it does die down at points in the match.

>Trish Stratus will certainly garner a lot of attention, as would Lita if they're included. A potential Trish/Lita confrontation could even receive the biggest pop of the night.
>Nikki Bella returning would give the match a more recent big name.
>Beth Phoenix seems a likely surprise entry, and her interacting with, say, Natalya would be interesting, as would a short alpha female vs alpha female (akin to the usual big man vs. big man in the men's matches every year) with say, Nia Jax or Tamina.

And the elephant in the ring, Rhonda Rousey, would be such a wild card. If she's in it, I don't know how the crowd would react. It'd either be hugely positive, or severely polarizing, and I personally wouldn't want to see her completely dominate the match.

I'm looking forward to the Women's Rumble moreso than the Men's Rumble. There's really only a handful of potential winners in the Men's Rumble, whereas the Women's Rumble could be won by any number of them -- Asuka, Sasha, Bayley, Becky, Nia, Paige, and perhaps even Naomi. That's a solid seven likely winners, not including any unannounced winner like Rousey.

Tue Jan 09, 2018 6:12 pm
Profile WWW
The Kramer

Handful of winners = 1 = Roman Reigns

I think Asuka will either win the title on Raw 25 or lose her first match on Raw 25. Her streak doesn’t fit with the Mixed Tag Tournament ,and it lets Rousey win the Rumble without greatly upsetting the status quo.

Wed Jan 10, 2018 2:58 am
New Server, Same X

Asuka losing already would kill her momentum.

It's so damn fun watching Sami Zayn and Finn Balor flourish as heels. I can't believe this is the heel Zayn we could have had all along. It fits so well.

Thu Jan 11, 2018 4:47 pm
Reply to topic   [ 5858 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 147, 148, 149, 150, 151, 152, 153 ... 235  Next