Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:43 am

Reply to topic  [ 5858 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 153, 154, 155, 156, 157, 158, 159 ... 235  Next
 Wrestling (WWE, IMPACT, NXT, AEW) 
New Server, Same X

Post Re: Wrestling (WWE, TNA, ROH)
Rousey/Angle vs. Triple H/Stephanie
-This one seems obvious that Rousey will win, however, there are precedents to suggest WWE will get the last laugh on their latest acquisition. Check out two examples of WWE trying to make a loser out of "outside" talent: Brock Lesnar and Sting. When Lesnar returned in 2012, his first match back was a loss to John Cena. Obviously didn't damage Brock, and he ended up getting the last laugh over WWE and everyone else, but it felt like a way of saying "You made a name for yourself at UFC, but WWE owns you now". Same for Sting. Lost both his WWE matches. Obviously he was going to put over Seth Rollins, but his first match against Triple H, the veteran that never wrestled in a WWE ring should have beat The Game, but WWE's vendetta against WCW continued and Triple H won. That's why I think Rousey will lose her debut match. Triple H will pin Angle, but Rousey will grab the headlines post-match when she attacks either Stephanie or Triple H, or both.
Win: Triple H & Stephanie

Asuka vs. Charlotte Flair
-I hate the undefeated streaks. They are the worst gimmick to attach to a wrestler. When they're thriving, the matches are predictable because of course they aren't going to end the streak. And when the unthinkable finally does happen, it doesn't matter how long the streak went on, it's dead. Undertaker's Wrestlemania streak is dead and it doesn't have the same appeal now to say he was 21-0. He was defeated. Twice. No one cares any more. Same with Goldberg when he finally lost. Impressive streak, but once it was over, so was he. So I hope the talented Asuka can rebound when she inevitably loses. But it won't be at Mania.
Win: Asuka

Randy Orton vs. Roode vs. Jinder vs. Rusev
-Don't have a ton of interest in this one. Wrestlemania is usually a time to give the fans what they want in either the IC or US title matches, so I say Rusev will win on "Rusev Day", but he'll be a short-lived champ.
Win: Rusev

The Miz vs. Finn Balor vs. Rollins
-Balor and Rollins will steal the show, and likely will dispose of The Miz early on, but he'll end up stealing the win and retain.
Win: The Miz

Alexa Bliss vs. Nia Jax
-I'm guessing this will end up being one of the Mania matches to suffer from a bloated card and probably end in under five minutes. Nia will get her revenge, but Carmella could spoil and cash in on RAW instead of Smackdown.
Win: Nia Jax

Daniel Bryan/Shane vs. Kevin/Zayn
-Hard to predict this one. I have a lot of heel victories, but it's all about giving the fans what they want at Mania, right? The obvious answer is that Kevin and Sami lose and go to RAW, but they would be killed on RAW. They can barely stay afloat on Smackdown. So I'm guessing they'll sneak away with a win here and return to Smackdown.
Win: Owens and Zayn

Cesaro and Sheamus vs. Braun and Brains
-I don't know why anyone is theorizing who Braun's partner is. It's clearly Brains. He'll come out, say his partner is late, and Brains will show up magically midway through as Braun goes under the ring and comes out with glasses on or some nonsense. And he'll be the first solo tag team champion, effectively killing his own momentum and any good will created by the tag division in the last year or so.
Win: The Strowmans

AJ Styles vs. Shinsuke Nakamura
-This is probably the hardest to predict. I thought it was obvious to have Nakamura win, but I'm wondering how well that will go over in the long term. AJ clearly is a fan favorite, and it may benefit both now if AJ retains and Shinsuke wins down the road. It almost feels too early right now for Shinsuke to win.
Win: AJ Styles

Roman Reigns vs. Brock Lesnar
-When Brock was rumored to be leaving three or four years ago, I was strongly against WWE letting him leave. Fast forward to 2018 and I'm done with Brock hijacking the RAW championship. Roman is not the hero we want, but he's the hero we deserve for allowing Brock to remain a top talent since 2012. Roman needs to win, face or heel, and he needs to ignite some life in any sort of title picture on RAW. Otherwise, if we all get swerved and Brock retains, we're in for a long road to Summerslam with an absentee champion.
Win: Roman

Sun Apr 08, 2018 3:09 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

Pre-Show:
Andre the Giant Memorial Battle Royal - Matt Hardy
Women's Wrestlemania Battle Royal - NXT call-up
Cedric Alexander vs. Mustafa Ali

Main Card:
Rousey/Angle vs. Triple H/Stephanie
Asuka vs. Charlotte Flair
Randy Orton vs. Roode vs. Jinder vs. Rusev
The Miz vs. Finn Balor vs. Rollins
Alexa Bliss vs. Nia Jax -- Carmella (cash in)
Daniel Bryan/Shane vs. Kevin/Zayne
The Usos vs. The New Day vs. The Bludgeon Brothers
Cesaro and Sheamus vs. Braun and ???
AJ Styles vs. Shinsuke Nakamura
Roman Reigns vs. Brock Lesnar
Undertaker vs. Cena (if this one does happen)

“Gods are great ... but the heart is greater. For it is from our hearts they come, and to our hearts they shall return.”
“We were like gods at the dawning of the world, & our joy was so bright we could see nothing else but the other.”
“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
“You have to pretend you get an endgame. You have to carry on like you will; otherwise, you can't carry on at all.”
"Paper is dead without words / Ink idle without a poem / All the world dead without stories."

Sun Apr 08, 2018 5:54 pm
Profile WWW
Don't Dream It, Be It

Spoiler: show
It was probably going to happen soon, but Asuka losing tonight is certainly surprising. Great match though, and it should have been much further down the card considering the outcome and it being arguably the biggest women's match ever.

“Gods are great ... but the heart is greater. For it is from our hearts they come, and to our hearts they shall return.”
“We were like gods at the dawning of the world, & our joy was so bright we could see nothing else but the other.”
“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
“You have to pretend you get an endgame. You have to carry on like you will; otherwise, you can't carry on at all.”
"Paper is dead without words / Ink idle without a poem / All the world dead without stories."

Sun Apr 08, 2018 8:03 pm
Profile WWW
Don't Dream It, Be It

Rousey/Angle vs. Steph/HHH was a lot better than expected. Rousey was SO much better than her Raw appearances were indicating.

Sure, sure, biker Taker would have served this storyline so much better, but it's still impossible to not get excited when he appears. And he looked better than he has in years, from his physique to running the ropes (and actually walking it this year).

Sun Apr 08, 2018 9:43 pm
Profile WWW
The Kramer

Quite a few surprising results tonight. I thought there was a good chance all titles would change hands, but the champs retained in all major matches.

Mon Apr 09, 2018 12:08 am
Don't Dream It, Be It

Heel Nakamura... I don't know how well that's going to go over with the crowd. If the Mania crowd gave him a lukewarm reception, at best, following his turn, it could be a struggled booking.

Welp...Lesnar retains. Reigns just seemed far too predictable, so while I'm surprised still, I'm not shocked. Also, I don't know if that was a blade job or a legit opening (like Orton's), but if it was the latter, it really needs to stop. Yay, blood in the PG era, but not by means of actual elbows to the head...

Crappy match to end an otherwise good show, too.

Mon Apr 09, 2018 12:11 am
Profile WWW
New Server, Same X

So we built up months... years of Roman Reigns... to have that ending... AGAIN? Seriously? It's disgraceful that RAW will go without a champion until Summerslam again. Many of my Wrestlemania predictions didn't happen, but book it that Brock is done for a few months. Precisely why they're going to start doing dual PPVs now, so a championship match can take place, but it just won't be the Universal Championship. For fuck's sake, build a proper RAW main event with proper talent and let Brock just come and go with non-title opponents.

Asuka's streak ending was a shock for sure. And I have no idea what that does for her. I know she's super talented, but talent within WWE doesn't always mean much. Hopefully it doesn't kill any momentum of hers. Felt like a shocking ending for the sake of it, since everyone assumed she'd win.

I was really let down by Undertaker's return. I admit Cena running to the back was really exciting, but the match was awful. Undertaker should have left it at Wrestlemania last year if that was the best he could muster. And the announce team jizzing all over Undertaker and saying he's never looked better? Wow. I kind of felt like this was the first time I saw his age.

Can I take a moment and say that the show stealer was... Ronda Rousey? Everything came together perfectly. It was really an awesome match with all the right spots. I feared she wouldn't be able to pull it off, or that the crowd would shit on it, but thankfully it was early in the show, long before the crowd became restless and bored. I'm not sure if her in-ring career will flourish or not, but that match was aces.

So many of the matches were really short, considering a beyond-ridiculous seven hour run time with the preshow. Maybe cut it back to four hours and cut down on the match count and give some of the matches room to breathe.

Mon Apr 09, 2018 3:08 pm
New Server, Same X

And is there anyone in WWE's history that has the amazing career of AJ Styles? The man made a name for himself everywhere except WWE, came to the WWE two years ago and is easily one of the biggest names and best performers in the company. After a disastrous opening feud with Chris Jericho that could have kept him firmly in the mid-card, AJ has excelled and maintained his position as one of the top guys in the entire company. He has to be an extremely likable guy backstage. WWE had every right to shit on him and give him a terrible run in the company like so many others before him. Retaining the WWE championship at Wrestlemania just goes to show his place and it's really cool.

I'm actually curious if they can pull off a Shinsuke heel run. To be honest, he needs a big change. But if he's going to be a heel, he's going to need a mouth piece.

Mon Apr 09, 2018 3:11 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

I'm predicting that Lesnar is either losing the title tonight in a rematch with Reigns (or a big name returnee), or is being stripped of it. I say the latter because, allegedly, Brock and Vince got into a "heated argument" backstage after Mania. It's highly likely that this is a work, thus why I think it's possible Vince is on Raw tonight. If it's not a work, though, and isn't a rumor... it'll be a lot more interesting.

Mon Apr 09, 2018 4:13 pm
Profile WWW
New Server, Same X

Where do they even go from here with Roman? I feel bad for him. He's beyond hated. And no one in WWE does anything for him to further his character. He can turn heel and maintain the heat. Have him be a Kevin Owens type that shits all over the crowd. It makes zero sense to go to RAW tonight and start over with the "This is my yard", Big Dog nonsense. But this Roman Reigns is broken.

Mon Apr 09, 2018 5:07 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

Unless he does fight Lesnar again tonight and wins, he has to undergo a character change of some kind, or should, at least.

Mon Apr 09, 2018 5:51 pm
Profile WWW
New Server, Same X

Brock has apparently re-signed with WWE and will defend the title at Greatest Royal Rumble on April 27th against... Roman Reigns... in a steel cage. I can see WWE saving a title switch for the big Saudi Arabia PPV... just as much as I saw the title switch happening at Wrestlemania.

Mon Apr 09, 2018 5:59 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

It would be cool to see him lose it there and just go away. Either way, I'm completely over Lesnar, and thankfully the WWE crowd seems to be as well, for the most part.

RAW has a lot of younger/underutilized talent that should be competing over the title: Balor, Braun, Rollins, Reigns, not to mention the eventual return of Joe and Ambrose, too.

Mon Apr 09, 2018 7:05 pm
Profile WWW
Don't Dream It, Be It

#PaigeHere managed to trend worldwide earlier today. I think WWE has played that damn ad every commercial break on the network beginning last Friday, and I bet they'll do it a ton during the upcoming Raw and Smackdown episodes, too...

Mon Apr 09, 2018 8:00 pm
Profile WWW
Don't Dream It, Be It

Dang, now I can't get annoyed seeing the Paige movie ad a million times after listening to her retirement speech tonight... Never say never, though -- hopefully she'll be able to compete in the ring once again in the future.

Mon Apr 09, 2018 9:31 pm
Profile WWW
Don't Dream It, Be It

Also,

Owens and Zayne,
Ember Moon,
No Way Jose,
Authors of Pain!,
Bobby Lashley? Wtf.

And Kurt's "I heart that TNA is hiring" directed at Owens and Zayne was awesome.

What is this RAW.

Mon Apr 09, 2018 9:42 pm
Profile WWW
New Server, Same X

If only WWE could be that exciting every week. I really hate how much Stephanie, Cole and everyone else boasts about the crazy RAW after Mania crowd. It kind of takes away the charm of it a little. But there's no denying that crowd is amazing.

Highlights:

-I hated Ronda's big, bright smile... until she got super serious before she grabbed Stephanie. That kind of gave it some meaning. She's nice until she's ready to break your arm right off. I like that. I read some people saying Charlotte and Ronda should headline next year's Wrestlemania. Honestly, if Ronda can sustain her place right now and keep growing, that's what has to happen. Right place, right time.

-So many debuts and returns last night, I can't even pick one. I'm super relieved that Jeff Hardy seems to have miraculously come back in good standing? I thought the DUI would have killed him, but he seems to always bounce back. I hope his singles career flourishes as much as it did in 2007-2009 before he left.

-The TNA line was incredible. First mention on WWE TV, right? It's the type of cheap shot that would have been huge five years ago, but it's still fun. And Kurt Angle of all people to deliver the line.

-Roman got killed by the crowd again, especially against the returning Samoa Joe. I can't tell if they've just given up, or did they think he would get some kind of respect for the beating he took? If Joe is facing the winner at Backlash, Roman is going to win the title at Greatest Royal Rumble. Unless he just is facing Roman regardless, which means Brock will retain... obviously. The greatest thing about that promo was that the crowd booed mention of Brock re-signing with WWE just as much as they booed Roman. Roman may be a problem, but he's not THE problem. I wish someone would get that. Instead, potential main-eventers like Rollins, Strowman, Balor, Joe, they're all competing for lesser titles.

-Paige's retirement was hard to accept. As crazy as the RAW crowd was, they were mostly respectful and it felt like the right place for Paige to make the announcement that I'm sure she knew she'd make three months ago when it happened. I took it that she won't be managing Absolution any more? That would suck. I thought that worked great for all three.

Tue Apr 10, 2018 2:15 pm
New Server, Same X

As someone who has not seen Bobby Lashley since he left WWE, has he improved? I remember him as someone with talent but kind of a vanilla performer on the mic and in general as a presence. He seemed to be a bigger deal last night, so it would be cool if he enjoyed a better run in WWE this time.

And wow, he's 41? Crazy. I'm not one to favor older performers getting the spotlight from younger talent, but guys like Lashley, Jeff Hardy and AJ Styles prove that you can flourish into your 40s.

Tue Apr 10, 2018 2:16 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

Paige is the new Smackdown GM. :D

Tue Apr 10, 2018 8:05 pm
Profile WWW
Don't Dream It, Be It

Maybe heel Nakamura is going to work out. His segment with Renee was golden.

Also, it's about time Billie Kay and Peyton Royce get called up to the main roster. :thumbsup:

And Carmella! :zonks:

Tue Apr 10, 2018 8:56 pm
Profile WWW
The Kramer

I’m all for Peyton and Billie starting an early 2000s alternative rock band, but The Iconics is a weird name for a wrestling group. Great debut though. :thumbsup:

Wed Apr 11, 2018 12:49 am
New Server, Same X

Paige being GM and getting that crowd reaction is awesome. I hope it works out well.

Carmella's cash-in after The Iconics debut was aces as well. I don't think her reign will be long-lasting, but I legit thought she would cash in and lose, so it's good to see her get the title.

Imagine two years ago today if someone had predicted she would be the most successful of Enzo, Cass and herself. And the only one to wear gold in WWE.

I really thought turning Shinsuke heel at Mania was a good idea, and it seems like it worked well on Smackdown. Funny how the crowd reacted so positively to his backstage with Renee, and then booed him heavily for crashing the main event. I think his style was getting a tad stale, especially going into Mania, so a change may do him good and serve him well. He's ready now to win the WWE championship.

Wed Apr 11, 2018 10:10 am
New Server, Same X

And I take back saying Shinsuke needs a mouth piece. If he limits his promo work and relies on his bizarre, horror-like facial expressions, that may do the trick as a heel.

Wed Apr 11, 2018 10:11 am
Don't Dream It, Be It

Kinda feel bad for Rusev. Most obvious burial ever? If he has passion for wrestling, he should probably consider going elsewhere, honestly. But perhaps Lana's career, mostly Total Divas!, is keeping him around.

Wed Apr 11, 2018 7:15 pm
Profile WWW
Devil's Advocate

I just watched the Raw before Wrestlemania and wtf is going on with Cena Undertaker? If nothing happens on Smackdown they're just going to have it unconfirmed going into Wrestlemania and have him challenge him there or what? What? They're leaving one of the biggest matches out of their promos and advertising? This Wrestlemania card is good but the build has been middling. Shinsuke/Styles feud has predictably had a nothing storyline and I wish Charlotte/Asuka had more bad blood and crowd invasion type spots as well. The Rousey segments have been fine, but I just can't get as excited about a mixed tag match as the WWE wants me to. I like the Braun and The Bar storyline more than I thought, hopefully he picks an unconscious James Ellsworth as his partner. I'm fine with Reigns and Brock devolving into violence, my biggest issue is this is a Wrestlemania main event rematch so why not act like it? I don't know if they showed the stills of their previous match once, they didn't really have Reigns claim that he was about to beat Brock before the cash in, etc.

The NXT: New Orleans card is soooo good. I like this EC3 guy after his first promo, hopefully he can wrestle.

Thu Apr 12, 2018 2:00 am
Reply to topic   [ 5858 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 153, 154, 155, 156, 157, 158, 159 ... 235  Next