Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 3:48 am

Reply to topic  [ 5879 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 140, 141, 142, 143, 144, 145, 146 ... 236  Next
 Wrestling (WWE, IMPACT, NXT, AEW) 
The Kramer

Post Re: Wrestling (WWE, TNA, ROH)
Yeah the match wasn't great, but that was one of the beat retirements we have seen. For the first time in years - the Deadman looked alive.

I'd give Mania a B+/A- Overall. Wyatt/Orton was the only truly bad match. But in exchange for that we got a great AJ/Shane match and the fucking Hardys!!

Mon Apr 03, 2017 11:37 am
New Server, Same X

It feels like the last remnant of my childhood is gone with the retirement of The Undertaker. I hope this opens the door for Mark Calloway to give out-of-character interviews now. I'd love to hear from the man himself, not The Dead Man.

Mon Apr 03, 2017 5:22 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

I really enjoyed WrestleMania 33, more than last year's, though none of the matches were excellent.

Shane vs. AJ - Very good (8/10). Shane may have gotten the better of AJ too often in the match, but it was an excellent show opener.

Owens vs. Jericho - Good (7/10). They got the job done, though it never went beyond simply being a solid match.

Raw Women's Championship Match - Good (7/10). The match seemed a little rushed coming in just over 10 minutes, perhaps for time purposes, and while it was certainly a good match, it felt a tad lackluster. They could have allocated more time for these women to put on a better performance.

Raw Tag Team Championship Match - Very good (8/10). Again, this one came in shorter than I would have liked, but each team was able to shine and the return of the Hardy Boyz was incredible.

Cena/Nikki vs. Miz/Maryse - Poor (4/10). In my opinion, easily the worst match of the night, which is disappointing given the build up was quite good. Cena and Miz play very well of one another, but there was very little here, and Nikki and Maryse were largely non-factors.

Rollins vs. HHH - Good (7/10). There was just something that didn't click here. I don't know if it was the build up, which was very up and down for months, but it was just lacking that big match feel. However, the match was good, but I kinda hope this isn't the end of this feud quite yet.

Bray vs. Orton - Average (6/10). I don't know how they messed this one up; it should have been much, much better and ended up being my least favorite match of the night due to expectations.

Goldberg vs. Lesnar - Good (7/10). I mean... this was their best match, even though a total of four moves between them was used over and over again. It was fast-paced and entertaining, which is all one could really hope for here I suppose.

Smackdown Women's Championship Match - Average (6/10). Like the Raw's Women's Championship Match, this one suffered from being too short, but even moreso. The entrances were super rushed (poor Natalya had to finish walking down that epic ramp in the dark), and the match was barely 5 minutes... Those 5 minutes were at least fairly good, but this one was very forgettable and probably should have been left on the kickoff show where they may have been given extra time.

Reigns vs. Undertaker - Good (7/10). The match definitely began to drag half-way through, and the ending was sloppy (the botch Tombstone attempt was really bad), but the beginning was great and the emotion of knowing this was probably the last time we'd ever see Undertaker wrestle again was palpable. And while not apart of the match itself, Undertaker leaving his gear in the ring (which was still there after the crowd left and the ring was taken down) and exiting was one of those rare, true, transcendent moments in wrestling.

^The near 10-minute standing ovation of 'Thank You Taker' chants when Raw came on tonight was evidence of Taker's unparalleled legacy. I can't recall anything like that happening before.

“Gods are great ... but the heart is greater. For it is from our hearts they come, and to our hearts they shall return.”
“We were like gods at the dawning of the world, & our joy was so bright we could see nothing else but the other.”
“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
“You have to pretend you get an endgame. You have to carry on like you will; otherwise, you can't carry on at all.”
"Paper is dead without words / Ink idle without a poem / All the world dead without stories."

Mon Apr 03, 2017 9:42 pm
Profile WWW
New Server, Same X

As someone who embarrassingly doesn't watch NXT, the debut of Shinsuke Nakamura might have been one of my favourite ever.

Man. I think competition is good, but it's hard to argue with the current roster.

Wed Apr 05, 2017 5:59 pm
KJ's Leading Pundit

Mister Ecks wrote:
As someone who embarrassingly doesn't watch NXT, the debut of Shinsuke Nakamura might have been one of my favourite ever.

Man. I think competition is good, but it's hard to argue with the current roster.

I think you're confused.

trixster wrote:
chippy is correct

Rev wrote:
Fuck Trump

Wed Apr 05, 2017 6:32 pm
The Kramer

There have been rumors of AJ moving to Raw for quite awhile now, but I hope it doesn't happen. AJ can feud with Nak and Orton all the way to Summerslam. Unless they want AJ v Brock to be the Slam main event....

I think only a few people should move.

Raw:
John Cena
Dean Ambrose
Alexa Bliss
Mickie James
Fashion Police
Dolph Ziggler
Luke Harper

Smackdown:
Seth Rollins
Charlotte
Bullet Club
Sami Zayn
The New Day

Thu Apr 06, 2017 12:52 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

Raw's roster following the additions/returnees of the past week (Balor, Hardyz, The Revival) is really strong right now, the best it's been in years, perhaps in over a decade. Smackdown needs some extra star power, but Raw is in such an incredible state right now I kinda wish nothing would change.

I predict:

Gallows and Anderson - Raw to Smackdown (makes sense).
The New Day - Raw to Smackdown (the popularity of The Hardyz and The Revival can allow this).
Luke Harper - Smackdown to Raw (feels out of place on SD now).
Sami Zayne - Raw for Smackdown (wasted on Raw since the beginning).

Of course, one or two of the main eventers from either show are going to swap, but I just don't know who (is Rollins' feud with HHH really over?).

And I'm not sure about the women. I'm mostly fine with how they're already set and just think Asuka should go to Smackdown soon to make it more competitive (I really thought she'd drop the NXT title, and her undefeated streak, to Ember Moon last week).

Charlotte is too much of a presence on Raw, I feel, to switch over to Smackdown. She has however been on a losing streak, and has already had her feud with both Sasha and Bayley, so maybe Smackdown is next for her - we'll see, though it also seems she might be in an upcoming feud with Nia Jax based on last week's Raw?

“Gods are great ... but the heart is greater. For it is from our hearts they come, and to our hearts they shall return.”
“We were like gods at the dawning of the world, & our joy was so bright we could see nothing else but the other.”
“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
“You have to pretend you get an endgame. You have to carry on like you will; otherwise, you can't carry on at all.”
"Paper is dead without words / Ink idle without a poem / All the world dead without stories."

Fri Apr 07, 2017 8:29 pm
Profile WWW
New Server, Same X

I feel like the womens' and tag divisions should be kept together on separate shows. I know it'll never happen, but I feel like they should be all kept together.

Sat Apr 08, 2017 10:24 am
Don't Dream It, Be It

Ambrose and the IC title are now on Raw... That's cool, but that leaves Smackdown a title short and surely Owens and the US title, unless he loses it tonight or something(?), isn't going to be moved to Smackdown.

Mon Apr 10, 2017 8:25 pm
Profile WWW
Don't Dream It, Be It

Well... I wonder how long Reigns will be gone - I highly doubt he'll be there for at least a couple weeks considering that's the most Attitude Era attack they've had in a long, long time.

Interesting decision to basically show as little of Reigns as possible following his Taker victory. If they're trying to delay his screen time to allow the huge amount of heat he's receiving right now to die off... it's just not going to work.

Mon Apr 10, 2017 10:15 pm
Profile WWW
The Kramer

"I AINT FINISHED!!"

:funny: I hope Braun goes undercover at the hospital next week.

Tue Apr 11, 2017 12:06 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

So Finn Balor might be injured... again.

Fri Apr 14, 2017 10:17 pm
Profile WWW
New Server, Same X

WWE is getting better at destroying their ring. When Show and Mark Henry did that, it looked like a controlled event. Last night, it actually looked like it was destroyed under the weight of Show and Strowman.

Tue Apr 18, 2017 11:32 am
Don't Dream It, Be It

Jinder Mahal, #1 Contender for the WWE Championship...

Tue Apr 18, 2017 8:41 pm
Profile WWW
Don't Dream It, Be It

Also, WWE needs to stop with Bray Wyatt. His character has lost nearly all (all, imo) credibility at this point. Clearly some higher up has some beef with him, because he's as talented and over as anyone, yet week after week, month after month, year after year... it's the same old tried promos, and losing every feud he's in.

He obviously isn't winning the WWE title at Payback, otherwise Smackdown won't even have a champion, and he's going to get lost in the shuffle of the crowded RAW roster afterwards as he goes on to lose his likely feud with Finn Balor.

Tue Apr 18, 2017 8:47 pm
Profile WWW
The Kramer

Jinder!! I laughed so hard. From jobber to main eventer in a week.

Wed Apr 19, 2017 12:18 am
New Server, Same X

I can't imagine Jinder gets a one-on-one match at Payback. Either the match doesn't happen, or they add people to the match.

Or Vince jizzes over Jinder's veins.

Sat Apr 22, 2017 12:30 pm
100% That Bitch

Can we just agree Alexa Bliss has been on a roll for months now? She's clearly the star of the women's division.

Tongue Pop!

I kneel with Magnus.

Sun Apr 23, 2017 7:12 pm
100% That Bitch

Damn, i guess that Banks/Bliss real life feud is... real. You can tell they don't like esch other lol

Tongue Pop!

I kneel with Magnus.

Mon Apr 24, 2017 11:16 pm
New Server, Same X

I'm hoping The Hardys go their separate ways soon. I have next to no knowledge of Broken Matt Hardy so I'm excited to see that surface. And I hope Jeff goes on his own, there are too many dream singles matches for him that I want to see. Their tag team run is running out of steam, and rightfully so. The Hardys deserved another title run, but time to let the new tag teams take over.

Thu Apr 27, 2017 4:55 pm
New Server, Same X

I also watched Total Divas the other night. What a horror show. Maryse sent a nude to The Miz, but... surprise! She needs glasses and she accidentally sent it to a bunch of WWE superstars too. Oooooops!

Seeing Lana talk without the accent was jarring.

Thu Apr 27, 2017 4:56 pm
The Kramer

Brawwwwwrrrrrr! Very happy they let him beat the mighty Roman Reigns clean and it should lead to a title match at Great Brawwwwllls of Fire.

Also very happy for Alexa. Not just for the win, but that was best match to date. She's been queen on the mic for awhile now and just needs a few matches like this to get up to Sasha/Charlotte level. Funny enough, if she had gone to Raw right away she'd probably be at Dana Brooke's level.

Mon May 01, 2017 12:49 pm
100% That Bitch

Queen ALExa and the eay she potrays herlsef is fucking amazing

Her mocking Bayley and then countin with the ref damn girl the sky's the limit for you #shade

Tongue Pop!

I kneel with Magnus.

Mon May 01, 2017 1:16 pm
100% That Bitch

Yep my love for her keeps growing by the day. She opened Raw and got to verbally destroy the women's division and more importantly.... held the entire crowd in her hands.

She is legit the best performer in the women's division bar none. Yeah she may not be perfect in the ring, but when you can scalp your entire division in 7 minutes, does it matter?

Tongue Pop!

I kneel with Magnus.

Tue May 02, 2017 11:28 am
New Server, Same X

She was pretty great opening RAW. With certain performers lacking on the mic, she excels on it.

I feel like it should be addressed that Brock Lesnar isn't performing at all until July. Did they split brands just to appease that horrible schedule? I love the big-timer feel of Brock, but nearly four months of inactivity while champion is inexcusable. Now we have more focus on the IC and US championships, with guys like Rollins, Balor, Owens and Styles involved, and that's all well and good, but those are not the main titles. I feel like even the US title has more importance than the WWE title on Smackdown. I'm all for making those titles more significant, but not that significant.

Tue May 02, 2017 2:05 pm
Reply to topic   [ 5879 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 140, 141, 142, 143, 144, 145, 146 ... 236  Next