Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Feb 24, 2020 5:04 pm

Reply to topic  [ 4554 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 179, 180, 181, 182, 183  Next
 Wrestling (WWE, IMPACT, NXT, AEW) 
The Kramer

Post Re: Wrestling (WWE, IMPACT, NXT, AEW)
Predictions for Royal Rumble:

Men's: Braun Strowman
Women's: Shayna Bazler

I know Roman and Charlotte are the overwhelming favorites (or were last week, don't wanna check now since it will spoil the match) for both but zzzzzz at either of those choices and I hope they see that. Monster v Fiend is a huge match that people will want to see and Bazler needs to be pushed right to the top of the card against Becky unless Ronda is coming back.

Sun Jan 26, 2020 3:08 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

I'm hoping for Baszler or even Ronda to interfere and cost Becky the match against Asuka (no way she wins clean two-years in a row).

I was tempted to sign back up for the network beginning with the Rumble tonight, but I've decided against it. Smackdown and NXT have been good/great, but Raw has blown for months. Chances are that Lesnar will just dominate for the first two-thirds of the rumble, rack up 10-15 eliminations, and that's incredibly boring.

I'm predicting CM Punk will win the rumble this year. Attendance has really suffered lately (Kevin Dunn is even having problems hiding the empty seats on Raw/Smackdown lately), and they really need a name like Punk's on the WrestleMania card.

As for the women, Baszler would deserve it, and while I think it'd be a shame regarding the female roster, a surprise Ronda win would be interesting. I'm expecting Nia Jax to come back tonight, too, so I suppose she's a possible surprise victor.

“Gods are great ... but the heart is greater. For it is from our hearts they come, and to our hearts they shall return.”
"Paper is dead without words / Ink idle without a poem / All the world dead without stories."
“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”

Sun Jan 26, 2020 8:07 pm
Profile WWW
Don't Dream It, Be It

Glad McIntyre won. I'm not a huge fan, but better than Rollins, Reigns, AJ, or Orton. Edge, though strongly rumored, returning was a nice surprise. Meh on Charlotte and Becky winning.

Mania Title matches predictions:

McIntyre v Lesnar
Charlotte v Becky (...)
Baszler v Bayley
Reigns v The Fiend

But none of those are going to main event, at least I highly doubt it.

“Gods are great ... but the heart is greater. For it is from our hearts they come, and to our hearts they shall return.”
"Paper is dead without words / Ink idle without a poem / All the world dead without stories."
“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”

Mon Jan 27, 2020 12:26 am
Profile WWW
100% That Bitch

I liked the event, the only downer was Charlotte winning

Tongue Pop!

Mon Jan 27, 2020 1:36 am
New Server, Same X

This would have been even better if they hadn't completely lost sight of Drew McIntyre for much of the last two years. But man, did they go all in on him. Eliminating Brock was a huge moment, but I didn't think he'd actually win. I figured Brock would have stormed the ring and eliminated him, setting up their Roman and Seth finale. Even worse, I thought they were really going to have Roman win. But they did good for once and gave it to someone that deserved it. The way the Rumble should be.

I genuinely thought they were going to keep Brock in till the end. It was shaping up to be a horrible Rumble. It's bad enough he buried a ton of guys. But giving the spot to McIntyre was huge. Let's see how the road to Mania plays out for them.

Mon Jan 27, 2020 2:37 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

Are Liv and Lana really main evening tonight? (...) Can Baszler please come out and squash them both?

It couldn't have gone to Rollins/Buddy v Joe/KO? Not Charlotte v Asuka (great match tonight)?

Mon Jan 27, 2020 11:17 pm
Profile WWW
Don't Dream It, Be It

Nevermind. Excellent way to end Raw. And that's likely the main event for WrestleMania.

Tue Jan 28, 2020 12:16 am
Profile WWW
The Kramer

Rumor is that Charlotte will face Rhea Ripley at Mania which is 1000% more interesting than the other two options.

Tue Jan 28, 2020 3:52 pm
New Server, Same X

Corpse wrote:
Nevermind. Excellent way to end Raw. And that's likely the main event for WrestleMania.

I feel like it won't be. Mainly because I hope it isn't Edge's true last match, because it would be an unfortunate waste to have his only singles match of his return be against Randy Orton. The RAW ending was fantastic, but I'd love to see Edge against a few other guys.

At the same time, how long will his neck hold up?

Wed Jan 29, 2020 10:07 am
New Server, Same X

I still don't get why you go with Charlotte to win the Royal Rumble. Especially when Shayna Baszler was there. Have her win and set up Shayna vs. Becky at Wrestlemania. Unless Ronda Rousey factors into this at all, it makes sense to set that match up.

Fri Jan 31, 2020 2:06 pm
The Kramer

Mister Ecks wrote:
I still don't get why you go with Charlotte to win the Royal Rumble. Especially when Shayna Baszler was there. Have her win and set up Shayna vs. Becky at Wrestlemania. Unless Ronda Rousey factors into this at all, it makes sense to set that match up.
To give NXT the ratings boost? They must see Rhea as the future star of the division to give her such a huge matchup at Mania.

Shayna definitely should have won anyways though. Then you get the NXT boost and the Becky Lynch boost.

Fri Jan 31, 2020 2:57 pm
New Server, Same X

Yes I didn't realize Charlotte vs. Rhea Ripley was on the table. Which is ideal, if it wasn't for the NXT Women's Championship. I'm not a fan of sending WWE people to NXT. I guess it kind of worked for Finn Balor, but Charlotte? I'm sure she'll put Ripley over. But still, bad enough going between RAW and Smackdown, but NXT?

Also Vince McMahon must have a dog food fetish.

Sat Feb 01, 2020 1:50 pm
The Kramer

I just hope it means we are done with the Reigns and Corbin feud - though they still seem destined to be the final two in the elimination chamber.

Last edited by Flava'd vs The World on Sun Feb 02, 2020 8:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Feb 01, 2020 4:21 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

The Mandy and Otis story is my favorite in the past couple of years.

Sat Feb 01, 2020 11:48 pm
Profile WWW
New Server, Same X

Flava'd vs The World wrote:
I just hope it means we are done with the Reigns and Corbin feud - though they still seem destined to be the final two in the elimination chamber.

I feel like this is some knockoff, Z-grade, dollar store version of Rock and Austin to Vince. Like it'll just keep going forever, back and forth. They'll drift to other feuds and always come back to each other.

Who else do you even put Baron against?

Tue Feb 04, 2020 1:58 pm
100% That Bitch

They're still gonna fight at their latest ppv?

oh god.

Tongue Pop!

Sat Feb 08, 2020 12:20 pm
New Server, Same X

I swear. If they have Goldberg win the Universal Championship at Super Showdown and set up The Battle of the Spears with Roman Reigns at Wrestlemania...

I mean they really can't have Goldberg beat The Fiend, can they? Can they? Someone assure me that isn't going to happen.

Sat Feb 08, 2020 1:33 pm
100% That Bitch

They had Goldberg beat Lesnar...

Tongue Pop!

Sat Feb 08, 2020 7:11 pm
The Kramer

Nah they are just building about The Fiend for Roman to conquer. It always has to be Roman.

Sun Feb 09, 2020 12:04 pm
New Server, Same X

Both scenarios suck, but at least someone beating The Fiend at Wrestlemania makes sense, not a senseless squash match in Saudi Arabia, which I feel 50/50 can happen.

Sat Feb 15, 2020 11:46 am
The Kramer

Bray v Hogan at Mania???

Tag team title match was really good on Dynamite this week. I assume they will face the Bucks at Revolution now.

Sun Feb 16, 2020 5:06 pm
The Kramer

Fantastic Takeover, one of their best. Only match that wasn’t an A was the main event. Lee v Djikovic and Gargano v Balor are both match of the year candidates.

Mon Feb 17, 2020 6:23 pm
100% That Bitch

Loooooved everything last night, the only thing that hurt it was the no selling in the main event

Tongue Pop!

Mon Feb 17, 2020 9:23 pm
New Server, Same X

Am I the only one horribly bored by this overstuffed feud between Rollins/AOP/Buddy Murphy and KO/Joe/Viking Raiders? It's basically a RAW rehash of the Reigns/Usos and Corbin/Roode/Ziggler feud. And they're turning Seth Rollins into Randy Orton. And that's not a good thing. Orton has some terrific highs in his career, but he also has a lot of "Well, what do we do with Orton now?" moments and that's how I feel with throwing Rollins with AOP and Buddy Murphy.

I feel bad for Rollins. He sucked as a face, and now I'm not even into the heel Rollins. It's better, but not much. I don't even know how to go forward with him.

Tue Feb 18, 2020 11:28 am
100% That Bitch

But they have tried everything so far with him (and Reigns) to make them the #1 guy of the company. But they just can't create a new Cena/Rock/Austin

They should just let Becky run for it and use her as a transition while they find their next big star

Tongue Pop!

Tue Feb 18, 2020 7:07 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4554 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 179, 180, 181, 182, 183  Next