Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:56 am

Reply to topic  [ 5858 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 160, 161, 162, 163, 164, 165, 166 ... 235  Next
 Wrestling (WWE, IMPACT, NXT, AEW) 
New Server, Same X

Post Re: Wrestling (WWE, TNA, ROH)
Only if Cena cuts his JBL hair.

Mon Jan 07, 2019 3:50 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

I want Omega to end up where he's happiest, but I personally wouldn't want him in WWE... After the initial big match or two, the likelihood of him just ending up in limbo somewhere on the mid-card is just too risky.

Of course, he has everything to offer the WWE and it could be amazing, but what are the chances he's signed and ends up more of a Styles than a Nakamura, really?

“Gods are great ... but the heart is greater. For it is from our hearts they come, and to our hearts they shall return.”
“We were like gods at the dawning of the world, & our joy was so bright we could see nothing else but the other.”
“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
“You have to pretend you get an endgame. You have to carry on like you will; otherwise, you can't carry on at all.”
"Paper is dead without words / Ink idle without a poem / All the world dead without stories."

Mon Jan 07, 2019 5:21 pm
Profile WWW
New Server, Same X

I'm not sure who he is (I tragically don't follow any wrestling outside WWE... even NXT), but no one should go to WWE to be happy. I know everyone likes to shit on WWE, but there really isn't enough room for every deserving wrestler to have the spotlight. Even AJ Styles is only on the highest end of mid-carder, because they treated his championship run like CM Punk's. Given the choice between Styles and Lesnar, WWE would always choose Lesnar. To me, that means Styles isn't a main-eventer.

In smaller companies, it's easier for more people to steal the show.

Mon Jan 07, 2019 7:43 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

If you have the time, I'd recommend watching some of the Wrestle Kingdoms (NJPW) in the past few years, including last week's. There's English commentary available.

Also, I'm watching RAW tonight and there was just an awkward and rough promo by Strowman tonight... He's usually good on the mic, so it almost seemed like a real-time test to see if he can carry a promo on his own before they, hopefully..., put the title on him at some point.

“Gods are great ... but the heart is greater. For it is from our hearts they come, and to our hearts they shall return.”
“We were like gods at the dawning of the world, & our joy was so bright we could see nothing else but the other.”
“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
“You have to pretend you get an endgame. You have to carry on like you will; otherwise, you can't carry on at all.”
"Paper is dead without words / Ink idle without a poem / All the world dead without stories."

Mon Jan 07, 2019 10:54 pm
Profile WWW
New Server, Same X

Being a fan of wrestling for most of my life, it gets sadder every time a name from that era passes on. It's even more surreal to hear Hulk Hogan drop all these names I know and they're all gone. Savage, Piper, Andre, Gorilla, Heenan, Warrior. Crazy to see so many names gone.

Tue Jan 08, 2019 11:29 am
New Server, Same X

Mister Ecks wrote:
I really hope they don't stick Becky Lynch in another multi-women match against Asuka, thus denying her the Royal Rumble.

Nope. They went for straight one-on-one. For fuck's sake.

Wed Jan 09, 2019 8:11 am
New Server, Same X

If this all plays out and we don't get Becky and Ronda at Wrestlemania for the RAW Women's Title, I'm going to assume it has something to do with WWE not wanting Ronda to lose a match, but knowing Becky can't lose either. But there's no bigger money match for Mania.

Worst case, I'm guessing Charlotte wins the Rumble and Becky gets added to a triple threat, which was my prediction since they also don't want to upset the Queen. But if Becky loses to Asuka going into Wrestlemania... I don't know.

Wed Jan 09, 2019 8:15 am
New Server, Same X

Random thoughts of Smackdown:

-I've been negative on The New Daniel Bryan, but last night's opening promo was terrific. He's selling it better and settling more into the role. I hope this is the last of AJ Styles and Daniel Bryan at the Rumble though, I'd like to see him work off someone else.

-I don't need more Shane McMahon in the ring. I'm assuming this pushes towards a match with The Miz at Wrestlemania, but it's a waste of The Miz, who probably is the most underrated male superstar in WWE.

-Loved the tag match between Mysterio and Ali & Joe and Almas. I'm not a fan of Rey Mysterio overall, his size works against him as a main-event level talent, but his actual in-ring talent is undeniable.

-Seeing lots of fans reasoning online that Becky could lose the match at Rumble, enter the Rumble and win. Also saw she could win the match, enter the Rumble and have a title unification at Mania. I really hope I'm satisfied with the PPV outcome in a few weeks, but it was also a foregone conclusion that Daniel Bryan would enter into and win the Royal Rumble five years ago, and that did not happen. Not until major, major backlash did WWE change its Wrestlemania plans to include Daniel Bryan.

I hope they've learned their lesson to not do things the hard way.

Wed Jan 09, 2019 11:44 am
100% That Bitch

Post Re: Wrestling (WWE, IMPACT, NXT, AEW)
Best case scenario is Asuka makes her pass out to the Asuka Poco. Chen enters the rumble and wins.

If they need Charlotte, they can go the Shawn Michaels route and steal her contract and mMe the triple threat they want.

Beniot = Becky hhh = Ronda Michaels= Charlotte

Tongue Pop!

I kneel with Magnus.

Sun Jan 13, 2019 11:58 pm
New Server, Same X

What the heck is going on? Why did they announce Strowman and Lesnar if it was never the intent to have them wrestle, according to reports? Honestly Strowman is dying out there thanks to WWE, so they could have and should have been building Lesnar and Finn Balor for a while. It's unfortunate that Balor won't win, but at least it'll be a good match, if given more than three minutes.

At least I won't have to hear Braun call Lesnar "Beastie Boy". I don't know who fed him that name (probably Vince), but stuff like that only hurts his overall image.

Tue Jan 15, 2019 1:39 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

I haven't watched a WWE PPV since Hell in a Cell, but I'll tune into the Royal Rumble for just the slim hope that Balor takes the title from Lesnar. Please, please, do it.

Tue Jan 15, 2019 4:08 pm
Profile WWW
100% That Bitch

I'm a sucker for this Mandy/ Naomi feud. I love trashy tv

Tongue Pop!

I kneel with Magnus.

Wed Jan 16, 2019 12:27 am
New Server, Same X

No. No no no. That was classic Vince. Everything else is evolving and growing, but then they throw in a "Hot woman is going to come between another woman and her man" storyline. We just had the reverse with Rusev, Lana and Aiden English. I know WWE is just 95% the same storylines repeated over and over, but it was too soon to do this again. And it's tired and stale.

Not to mention, it only hurts the women's division.

Wed Jan 16, 2019 2:15 pm
New Server, Same X

Is Royal Rumble going to be five hours? There are seven announced matches, not even including the two Royal Rumble matches.

Wed Jan 16, 2019 3:09 pm
New Server, Same X

What's everyone's opinion on All Elite Wrestling? I'm super skeptical. I'm old enough to have lived through WWE's two biggest competitors: one was briefly successful (WCW), the other never gave much of a fight (TNA). WCW succeeded because of contracts in then-WWF, stealing away guys that had appeared on RAW the same week. That caused major buzz for them. But they failed so spectacularly and so quickly.

Meanwhile, TNA never gave WWE proper competition. Their best people they could sign from WWE were guys that were either fired by WWE or were disgruntled former employees. But the best they could muster was never enough. Guys like Jeff Hardy and Kurt Angle were hard to let go, but their losses from WWE weren't that major. The rest were C-list names at best. TNA worked best with guys that stayed mostly away from WWE (AJ Styles and Samoa Joe, until now at least).

If AEW is going to succeed, they need to steer clear of any unhappy WWE employees. The Revival is the most noteworthy guys that are obviously eager to jump, but how much would they benefit a company just starting?

I didn't watch All In, although I know reviews were good. But compared to what? Current WWE? Of course it was better, anything would be. I'm anxious to see if they could legitimately keep it up on a weekly basis. I give WWE as much shit as anyone else, but when you get down to it, they produce a massive amount of TV every month (too much of course).

I'm also curious what role Cody Rhodes and The Young Bucks will have, considering their higher-up placement in AEW. The vibe I get from Cody is that he's been trying to make a name for himself since leaving WWE, where they horrifically squandered any potential he had. But if he has a major backstage role in AEW, will he keep himself out of the main event picture? I doubt it. He'll be like everyone else in power. They'll eventually make themselves the focal point. Everyone loved shitting on Triple H for years, but when the shoe is on the other foot, it's easy to make sure your role in the company is prominent, not passive.

Just some food for thought on it. I hope to God they build something based on guys who've never stepped foot in WWE. I don't need another TNA giving a home to WWE rejects and misfits.

Fri Jan 18, 2019 7:47 pm
The Kramer

If AEW just goes by the formula of weekly show then a ppv every four weeks it won’t really accomplish much other than taking Ring of Honors spot as NXT’s NXT. But if they just build around these fun live shows it could be a huge success as a unique alternative to WWE. They can use social media to build the stories without a Tuesday Night Dynamite.

I love The Revival, they are my all time favorite NXT tag team, but they just can’t work their old-school heel bruisers style with guys that are twice as big as them. Which is everyone. Drew McIntyre looks like he could eat both in one sitting. And I hate The Young Bucks, they are the Greta Van Fleet of wrestling, but that match is bigger than anything The Revival will get in WWE.

I do wish Neville had stayed though. I get why he didn’t like being a cruiserweight but that could have shifted back. Dude could easily have a Smackdown world title match against Bryan at one of the February PPVs.

Sat Jan 19, 2019 2:12 am
New Server, Same X

If they want to succeed, they do need to capitalize on a new market WWE hasn't covered. Maybe they need to build off a social media presence, maybe something that doesn't involve a weekly TV show on a cable network. I don't know. I don't imagine any bigger cable names will be interested in a wrestling show, especially one that isn't WWE.

Sat Jan 19, 2019 11:45 am
100% That Bitch

YAAAAAAASSSSSSS ALEXA IS BAAAAAAACK

Tongue Pop!

I kneel with Magnus.

Tue Jan 22, 2019 12:00 am
100% That Bitch

Andrade/Mysterio.

Dear gawd.

Tongue Pop!

I kneel with Magnus.

Wed Jan 23, 2019 2:22 am
New Server, Same X

Watching Smackdown Live. Someone posted on Twitter something that terrifies me. What if Becky not only loses to Asuka, doesn't participate in the Rumble and Charlotte wins the Rumble?

I think that's one time where I'd say "If [incredibly shitty event] happens, we riot"

Wed Jan 23, 2019 11:03 am
The Kramer

Yeah I really don’t understand the logic of pushing Charlotte into this easy big money main event between Becky and Ronda. I guess she will be the new Roman?

Wed Jan 23, 2019 12:54 pm
New Server, Same X

It's going to backfire so hard if they don't do this just right. I'm going to guess we're definitely getting a repeat of the 2014 Rumble. Daniel Bryan competed on the card against Bray Wyatt, which I guess meant he couldn't be in the Rumble? I'm sensing the same will happen. And unfortunately they have an even better reason to keep Becky out of the Rumble, since she already is getting a title shot.

Wed Jan 23, 2019 1:18 pm
New Server, Same X

Mau wrote:
Andrade/Mysterio.

Dear gawd.

I really can't get excited about Rey Mysterio, especially since he's past his prime days, but these matches with Andrade (shortening his name kind of sucks) are terrific. Feels like a waste to have them on Smackdown.

Wed Jan 23, 2019 1:19 pm
The Kramer

Mister Ecks wrote:
It's going to backfire so hard if they don't do this just right. I'm going to guess we're definitely getting a repeat of the 2014 Rumble. Daniel Bryan competed on the card against Bray Wyatt, which I guess meant he couldn't be in the Rumble? I'm sensing the same will happen. And unfortunately they have an even better reason to keep Becky out of the Rumble, since she already is getting a title shot.
Can they even hit 30 people without her and Sasha though?

Wed Jan 23, 2019 3:30 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

A few NXT women, maybe an indie debut or two, along with half a dozen or so former superstars, can give them 30.

Rousey/Becky at WrestleMania is such a big money event match for Mania, that WWE will probably mess it up somehow.

Wed Jan 23, 2019 4:43 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 5858 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 160, 161, 162, 163, 164, 165, 166 ... 235  Next