Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Nov 20, 2018 10:42 am

Reply to topic  [ 4111 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 161, 162, 163, 164, 165  Next
 Wrestling (WWE, TNA, ROH) 
New Server, Same X

Post Re: Wrestling (WWE, TNA, ROH)
There's something so ironic about a man who couldn't get a good babyface reaction to save his life finally got one while announcing the fight of his life. I shit on Roman Reigns all the time, and blame most of it on WWE and Vince, but I definitely have so much respect for the man and wish him nothing but the best after this terrible news. Sometimes we wrestling fans overlook someone's passion, but it's clear he has it for wrestling.

Looking past this, I fear for this meaning Brock Lesnar wins the title back.

Also, can The Shield ever catch a break? Something always cuts their run short.

Mon Oct 22, 2018 8:41 pm
The Kramer

:noway: :noway:

Gosh what a freakin crazy tragic twist. It is fun to boo Roman but I think everyone knows he is a good guy and a hell of a performer. Had no idea he was dealing with this. Get well soon brother!

Mon Oct 22, 2018 8:50 pm
No pride

:cry: :cry: This is brutal. Since I started watching again Roman has always been one of my guys, I even had a reddit username with his name in it. I'm behind so I'm glad I have a few more months to enjoy his work

Can someone PM me if there's any chance of him returning, I don't want to look it up because of spoilers. I guess with wrestlers anything is possible

Tue Oct 23, 2018 2:06 am
Don't Dream It, Be It

I missed RAW last night and just read about this. Very sad. He genuinely seems like one of the nicest guys backstage, and a leader/role model for many on the roster. And it's a shame that he was never able to quite get over with the fans, and none of it was his own doing.

Overall, just a sad turn of events. Hopefully he comes back.

“Gods are great ... but the heart is greater. For it is from our hearts they come, and to our hearts they shall return.”

Tue Oct 23, 2018 7:27 am
Profile WWW
New Server, Same X

I watched the opening again and it's so sobering to watch as a fan and watch the audience as their reactions shift from indignant booing towards Roman to stunned silence followed by the utmost respect for Roman. A few of the reactions on camera looked like how I felt. Sometimes we need a reality check away from the surreal world of wrestling to realize these are all human beings.

Most of the WWE universe piles on the hate on Roman, but it's very clear that he has so much passion for wrestling, the fans, the locker room, everything WWE. Maybe WWE has made huge mistakes in the evolution of Roman Reigns as a character, maybe the audience has unfairly shit on a man who is doing everything in his own power to get over with fans. And it's kind of sad that the best reaction Roman has ever gotten in WWE is last night. I definitely wish things were different, but hopefully Roman gets better and gets back sooner rather than later.

Tue Oct 23, 2018 10:34 am
New Server, Same X

Definitely an interesting choice to have Dean Ambrose turn on Seth Rollins last night. We all knew it was coming, but surely they wouldn't do it A. on the same night Roman Reigns made his health announcement, and B. just after he and Seth won the tag titles. Insanely fun decision made there, to capitalize on an audience wrought with grief over the announcement. And this sets up some interesting paths they can now take with Ambrose and Rollins. I'm curious if this will push right to Wrestlemania, as it's hard to do this big of a heel turn and not have it go into a long-term feud.

Tue Oct 23, 2018 4:07 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

Please let Braun beat Lesnar at Crown Jewel...

And speaking of Crown Jewel -- more rumors are making the rounds that both Cena and Bryan won't be attending, which would possibly make WWE cancel the event (again). Surely it's too late at this point, though, but interesting if true.

“Gods are great ... but the heart is greater. For it is from our hearts they come, and to our hearts they shall return.”

Tue Oct 23, 2018 8:50 pm
Profile WWW
The Kramer

It sure seems like Braun is being put in Roman’s role with the abrupt face turn. He will probably win and feud with McIntyre and Ziggler for the rest of the year.

Fri Oct 26, 2018 1:52 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

WWE Evolution was very good. I'd go as far as calling it one of their best PPVs of the year. It's a shame that they didn't promote it properly due to being sandwiched between Super Show-Down and Crown Jewel...

Spoiler: show
Trish & Lita/Alicia & Mickie was a great match to kick the night off with and really got the crowd going. The match was also solid, and delivered most of the spots that was expected.

20-Woman Battle Royale was fine. It's always nice to see some of the older female talent get back in the ring for events like this, but other than McCool, they were really unimpressive (:-P). Ember probably should have won though because she really needed this victory.

Toni/Io was very good, and if they had just wrestled for 5-10 more minutes, it could have been great/excellent. Toni is great in the ring, and is truly the whole package of what WWE looks for in a star. And Io is already near "best ever" territory in the ring, so the loss was fine, maybe even welcomed.

Natalya, Sasha, Bayley/The Riot Squad was the worst match of the night, but was still above par. It's a bit of a shame that both Sasha and Bayley aren't in a better position on the roster at this time though. Sasha's flip over-the-rope botch was pretty bad, though, but the Riot Squad improvised well afterward.

Kairi/Shayna was one of the two best matches of the night, and while the ending probably split fans, it was still an interesting outcome. The two work very well against one another with their very different styles. I hope this doesn't mean Kairi will be coming to the main roster soon, though, because call-ups are being booked incredibly badly by the WWE.

Becky/Charlotte was the other match of the night and should have closed the show. Their feud is easily the best in the WWE right now, and it was easy to get invested in this match. I believe this one is certainly one of the best women's matches ever in the company.

Ronda/Nikki was okay, but it had to follow the two best matches of the night and just felt uninteresting. It at least provided decent storytelling and made it seem possible that Ronda may lose, but thankfully she didn't.

Mon Oct 29, 2018 8:10 am
Profile WWW
Don't Dream It, Be It

Absolutely golden.

Mon Oct 29, 2018 9:23 am
Profile WWW
The Kramer

Agreed. I'd say Evolution and Royal Rumble are the stand out ppvs this year. And all the Takeovers if those count of course.

Tue Oct 30, 2018 6:58 am
Don't Dream It, Be It

Becky Lynch is on fire.

Wed Oct 31, 2018 4:50 pm
Profile WWW
New Server, Same X

Oh, WWE.

Fuck you.

Fri Nov 02, 2018 3:08 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

Umm... Time to take a break from watching WWE on a weekly basis.

Shane McMahon wins the "World" Tournament and is declared Best in the "World"?
AJ Styles wins against Samoa Joe again?
Lesnar buries Strowman again (2 minute match!) and wins the Universal Title?

Vince could have come out and beat DX and Taker/Kane in a minute and it would have been believable with the results of this show. Kinda shocked this didn't happen. HHH definitely suffered an injury in this match, too, so their HHH vs. Batista plans could be ruined already.

Enough is enough. It has gone beyond just bad booking. :zonks:

Seriously, NJPW, ROH, and others are leaving WWE in the dust these days.

Fri Nov 02, 2018 3:38 pm
Profile WWW
New Server, Same X

Don't forget they dusted off the old relic, Hulk Hogan, to kick off the show. Only WWE could see Saudi Arabia's disgraced reputation in the last month and raise them a disgraced WWE legend.

I have no words for this. I didn't watch, and don't plan on it now. That's an absolute disgrace to see so much pissed away in one show. Brock Lesnar winning the title is the cherry on top of a pile of shit. Maybe Roman Reigns will superman punch that leukemia and come back to beat Brock for the title. I'm guessing Brock will have the title that long anyway. At least they'd finally have the Roman Reigns crowd pop they always wanted when he won the title.

Survivor Series features champion vs. champion matches. No title change. Brock ain't working again till Royal Rumble. Not going to have him drop the title so close to Mania. And who faces Brock for the title at Mania? No one is pushed enough to the pedestal WWE has placed him on besides Reigns. This is just putting WWE so many steps backwards. They refuse to build any other performer besides Lesnar and Reigns.

This is so disastrous. And I blame it on everyone. Vince, Stephanie, Triple H, anyone else in power.

Fri Nov 02, 2018 5:13 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

Don't bother watching it. The many comments online calling it the worst PPV ever aren't far off.

All the tournament matches are under 10 minutes, and some may have even been under 5.
Styles/Joe was a bore; we've see this many times in recent months to better effect.
Lesnar/Strowman is literally 2 minutes.
Shane became the Best in the World in 2 or 3 minutes as well (no lie).
DX vs. Brothers of Destruction... I mean, it is cool to see these guys in the ring from time to time, but besides Michaels, it's not really nostalgic seeing Taker/HHH/Kane anymore. And the match was pretty bad anyway with some weird sequences (botches?).

Comparing this major Crown Jewel event -- a show that Vince and company have hyped for over a month and stacked with nearly every big name possible in the past 30 years, besides Cena and Bryan who opted out (amazing choice on their parts!) -- to Evolution, a PPV that they hardly pushed at all and barely gave the PPV treatment, is a wild contrast.

Evolution absolutely wrecked Crown Jewel in every way possible. Aside from the usual solid Rollins/Ziggler showing, any match on the Evolution card, even the almost weekly tag match on Raw between Sasha/Bayley/Natalya against the Riot Squad, was better than every match presented for Crown Jewel.

Fri Nov 02, 2018 6:18 pm
Profile WWW
All Star Poster

I watched the highlights on YouTube and it didn’t seem that bad of a PPV?

Sat Nov 03, 2018 11:56 am
Profile WWW
The Kramer

Yikes. I didn’t watch, but what the effing eff WWE??? 2018 was finally turning around and now we get this turd, with Lesnar getting the title back until Reigns beats cancer?? Even if they do give Strowman the Rumble and eventual win at Mania it will just feel too little too late.

Sat Nov 03, 2018 2:46 pm
New Server, Same X

Will they give Strowman the title? I think they've fucked up his character too much. Turned him face and played him up for some laughs, turned him back to heel with Ziggler and McIntyre, abruptly turned him face again to face Lesnar. I think the damage is done. I won't be surprised to see them put Brock against either a veteran (like they did with Goldberg) or someone like Cena.

Sun Nov 04, 2018 4:19 pm
The Kramer

Hmm Cena beating Brock for his record-breaking title win does sound like something Vince would dream up for a Mania without Roman. I think you might be on to something.

Sun Nov 04, 2018 6:21 pm
New Server, Same X

I just think they continue to screw themselves with RAW and the Universal Title. Let's face it, Brock has this title until Mania again. It's inevitable. Honestly if HBK was considering a part-time return, I wouldn't be shocked to see someone like him enter the Rumble #30 and win. Triple H would be a prime candidate if he hadn't been injured. Heck, they might even go the Undertaker route again.

The only match I'd probably get excited for would be Brock vs. Daniel Bryan.

Mon Nov 05, 2018 7:46 am
New Server, Same X

Thoughts:

-As much as I hate WWE, I'm invested in Becky Lynch, and I'm excited to see what they do with her and Rousey. A non-finish is the only way to go, a clear win for either will diminish both too much. I think Rousey will get booed for this one. Her run is too shaky, although I commend her for showing up just about every week on RAW, unlike other ex-UFC fighters.

-Speaking of, Lesnar wasn't there, but he got major booing from the crowd. Think this may be the first time he'll get genuine heel reactions. Too bad he won't be around enough for it to matter.

-Turning Ambrose heel runs the risk of him getting heel pops, but his reaction in England was aces. Genuine heat. Can't beat that.

Tue Nov 06, 2018 3:57 pm
New Server, Same X

So many deserving superstars to be on Team Smackdown. Why do they insist on pushing Shane McMahon as an in-ring performer? Aside from the obvious nepotism answer. I don't get it. Jeff Hardy should be on the team, not Shane.

I felt bad and embarrassed for Shane at the start of Smackdown. The HEAVY booing really got to him. I'm almost certain he was on the verge of tears. Did you expect a hero's welcome for winning some ridiculous WWE World Cup?

Wed Nov 07, 2018 11:38 am
New Server, Same X

Man, just when you think she can't get any better, Becky Lynch goes out there with blood pouring out of her face (broken nose?) and becomes a bigger star, in spite of being pitted against Ronda Rousey. Like Styles and Lesnar, I'm not sure if this is wise because someone's going to lose and it's hard to have either one lose right now. But these are two awesome matches that I hope deliver.

I've never wanted a non-finish more though. I feel like Rousey is going to start losing steam soon now that she's going into legit feuds with legit opponents, especially on the road to Wrestlemania. And this match with Becky will damage her perception with fans big time. It may be wiser to have her turn heel soon. But I also don't think she should lose clean yet. She needs to keep going.

And I definitely don't think Becky should lose clean. People say "Oh, the biggest names lost and it didn't hurt them", but WWE isn't the same today. Once someone loses the smallest amount of momentum, they fuck it up royally. And they can't fuck this up. This is too special a moment in time that could potentially give them the attention they've wanted for three years with the Women's Revolution.

Tue Nov 13, 2018 11:39 am
Don't Dream It, Be It

Reports are saying Becky won't be cleared for Survivor Series, and that her match with Rousey will be pushed to a later date.

Tue Nov 13, 2018 6:24 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 4111 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 161, 162, 163, 164, 165  Next