Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Sep 18, 2018 12:21 pm

Reply to topic  [ 4052 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 158, 159, 160, 161, 162, 163  Next
 Wrestling (WWE, TNA, ROH) 
New Server, Same X

Post Re: Wrestling (WWE, TNA, ROH)
If only WWE could be that exciting every week. I really hate how much Stephanie, Cole and everyone else boasts about the crazy RAW after Mania crowd. It kind of takes away the charm of it a little. But there's no denying that crowd is amazing.

Highlights:

-I hated Ronda's big, bright smile... until she got super serious before she grabbed Stephanie. That kind of gave it some meaning. She's nice until she's ready to break your arm right off. I like that. I read some people saying Charlotte and Ronda should headline next year's Wrestlemania. Honestly, if Ronda can sustain her place right now and keep growing, that's what has to happen. Right place, right time.

-So many debuts and returns last night, I can't even pick one. I'm super relieved that Jeff Hardy seems to have miraculously come back in good standing? I thought the DUI would have killed him, but he seems to always bounce back. I hope his singles career flourishes as much as it did in 2007-2009 before he left.

-The TNA line was incredible. First mention on WWE TV, right? It's the type of cheap shot that would have been huge five years ago, but it's still fun. And Kurt Angle of all people to deliver the line.

-Roman got killed by the crowd again, especially against the returning Samoa Joe. I can't tell if they've just given up, or did they think he would get some kind of respect for the beating he took? If Joe is facing the winner at Backlash, Roman is going to win the title at Greatest Royal Rumble. Unless he just is facing Roman regardless, which means Brock will retain... obviously. The greatest thing about that promo was that the crowd booed mention of Brock re-signing with WWE just as much as they booed Roman. Roman may be a problem, but he's not THE problem. I wish someone would get that. Instead, potential main-eventers like Rollins, Strowman, Balor, Joe, they're all competing for lesser titles.

-Paige's retirement was hard to accept. As crazy as the RAW crowd was, they were mostly respectful and it felt like the right place for Paige to make the announcement that I'm sure she knew she'd make three months ago when it happened. I took it that she won't be managing Absolution any more? That would suck. I thought that worked great for all three.

Tue Apr 10, 2018 2:15 pm
New Server, Same X

As someone who has not seen Bobby Lashley since he left WWE, has he improved? I remember him as someone with talent but kind of a vanilla performer on the mic and in general as a presence. He seemed to be a bigger deal last night, so it would be cool if he enjoyed a better run in WWE this time.

And wow, he's 41? Crazy. I'm not one to favor older performers getting the spotlight from younger talent, but guys like Lashley, Jeff Hardy and AJ Styles prove that you can flourish into your 40s.

Tue Apr 10, 2018 2:16 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

Paige is the new Smackdown GM. :D

“Gods are great ... but the heart is greater. For it is from our hearts they come, and to our hearts they shall return.”

Tue Apr 10, 2018 8:05 pm
Profile WWW
Don't Dream It, Be It

Maybe heel Nakamura is going to work out. His segment with Renee was golden.

Also, it's about time Billie Kay and Peyton Royce get called up to the main roster. :thumbsup:

And Carmella! :zonks:

“Gods are great ... but the heart is greater. For it is from our hearts they come, and to our hearts they shall return.”

Tue Apr 10, 2018 8:56 pm
Profile WWW
The Kramer

I’m all for Peyton and Billie starting an early 2000s alternative rock band, but The Iconics is a weird name for a wrestling group. Great debut though. :thumbsup:

Wed Apr 11, 2018 12:49 am
New Server, Same X

Paige being GM and getting that crowd reaction is awesome. I hope it works out well.

Carmella's cash-in after The Iconics debut was aces as well. I don't think her reign will be long-lasting, but I legit thought she would cash in and lose, so it's good to see her get the title.

Imagine two years ago today if someone had predicted she would be the most successful of Enzo, Cass and herself. And the only one to wear gold in WWE.

I really thought turning Shinsuke heel at Mania was a good idea, and it seems like it worked well on Smackdown. Funny how the crowd reacted so positively to his backstage with Renee, and then booed him heavily for crashing the main event. I think his style was getting a tad stale, especially going into Mania, so a change may do him good and serve him well. He's ready now to win the WWE championship.

Wed Apr 11, 2018 10:10 am
New Server, Same X

And I take back saying Shinsuke needs a mouth piece. If he limits his promo work and relies on his bizarre, horror-like facial expressions, that may do the trick as a heel.

Wed Apr 11, 2018 10:11 am
Don't Dream It, Be It

Kinda feel bad for Rusev. Most obvious burial ever? If he has passion for wrestling, he should probably consider going elsewhere, honestly. But perhaps Lana's career, mostly Total Divas!, is keeping him around.

Wed Apr 11, 2018 7:15 pm
Profile WWW
No pride

I just watched the Raw before Wrestlemania and wtf is going on with Cena Undertaker? If nothing happens on Smackdown they're just going to have it unconfirmed going into Wrestlemania and have him challenge him there or what? What? They're leaving one of the biggest matches out of their promos and advertising? This Wrestlemania card is good but the build has been middling. Shinsuke/Styles feud has predictably had a nothing storyline and I wish Charlotte/Asuka had more bad blood and crowd invasion type spots as well. The Rousey segments have been fine, but I just can't get as excited about a mixed tag match as the WWE wants me to. I like the Braun and The Bar storyline more than I thought, hopefully he picks an unconscious James Ellsworth as his partner. I'm fine with Reigns and Brock devolving into violence, my biggest issue is this is a Wrestlemania main event rematch so why not act like it? I don't know if they showed the stills of their previous match once, they didn't really have Reigns claim that he was about to beat Brock before the cash in, etc.

The NXT: New Orleans card is soooo good. I like this EC3 guy after his first promo, hopefully he can wrestle.

Thu Apr 12, 2018 2:00 am
Don't Dream It, Be It

Well, Jericho has replaced Rusev against the Taker in that casket match.

Due to fan backlash for the obvious/literal Rusev burial? Although, unless Rusev is a major troll, his last tweet (and profile picture) sounds like he may have been released, as the rumors have suggested for weeks now.

Thu Apr 12, 2018 5:34 pm
Profile WWW
No pride

What a match between Kalisto and Buddy Murphy the 205 before Wrestlemania, loving the HHH era of 205

Fri Apr 13, 2018 7:04 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

Smackdown sure got the better deal in the shakeup, didn't they? Pretty one-sided, in my opinion, and I'm sure it'll help boost Smackdown's ratings, perhaps for the long-term.

Wed Apr 18, 2018 2:35 pm
Profile WWW
New Server, Same X

Greatest Royal Rumble was a incredibly bloated five hour PPV that featured no title changes, no women wrestlers, and a Royal Rumble with no incentive to win outside of bragging rights. I thought they'd at least apply the same rules as a normal Royal Rumble, with the winner getting a title match. But alas, that may make too much sense.

I do acknowledge this was basically a house show for Saudi Arabia that they decided to televise. But I was hoping for something better. And I hope they never adapt the 50-man Royal Rumble for the actual January event. There weren't enough worthwhile surprises to sustain interest for a match that didn't matter.

Sun Apr 29, 2018 1:17 pm
New Server, Same X

The one positive of Greatest Royal Rumble: Shinsuke Nakamura sold the fuck out of his new theme music. I was firmly in the "Ehhh" camp with it, even with the clever reasoning the announcers gave for the music change, but I think his entrance style matches it perfectly. He's becoming a great heel. I hope he gets the title at Backlash.

Sun Apr 29, 2018 4:22 pm
New Server, Same X

Looking ahead to Backlash, six matches have been announced for the first dual-brand PPV, two of them now being inter-promotional, following the shake-up. I hope those are the last of those matches for a while. Occasional inter-promotional matches can be fun, but not if they're done every month.

I'm curious on the direction of Daniel Bryan and Big Cass. WWE doesn't seem to have given up on Big Cass, but are they going to feed Daniel Bryan to him so soon after Bryan returned to the ring? His mic work isn't as bad as I remembered, although calling the audience "Joe Schmos" had to be a Vince-written line. That made me cringe.

Sun Apr 29, 2018 4:37 pm
New Server, Same X

Are they seriously going to play up the fact that Roman clearly hit the floor first and the ref made the wrong call? This is going to lead to yet another match between the two. Roman has not proven he should get all these matches for the title.

Mon Apr 30, 2018 8:08 pm
Stealing the show.

Rip Reigns

Now get to Work, Bitch!

Dr. Lecter wrote:
Honestly, re-reading this thread now, especially with Riggs' spot-on reply, one must imagine you drunk, in front of the computer and angrily masturbating over David's posts, while crying at the same time.

Tue May 01, 2018 4:21 pm
New Server, Same X

What do Roman Reigns and Brock Lesnar have on Vince? I don't honestly think WWE wants to create new stars. Everyone is passed over for these two. How? Why? It's embarrassing to watch WWE try to make Roman Reigns something years and years in a row. He is not John Cena, he never will be John Cena. And because Cena gets, at worst, a respectful pop now, WWE is so insistent that Roman Reigns is the next Cena. Just ignore all the booing and the hate, they'll learn to like him eventually. But they won't.

It is so painful to see Samoa Joe, Seth Rollins, Dean Ambrose, The Miz, Braun Strowman, Kevin Owens, Sami Zayn, and pretty much half the roster get worse treatment than Roman Reigns. He hasn't earned his spot. He never will. Not in this form. It's OK to admit you were wrong. It's OK if he doesn't main-event every single show. He is not your star, he doesn't have the confidence to be your star, he doesn't have anything to suggest he should be a star. Ever.

This is ridiculous now. I don't know how much longer they can drag out the Roman/Brock feud. This is awful. Roman keeps getting pushed, while guys like Bobby Roode and Elias are taking part in embarrassing dance segments.

Mon May 07, 2018 12:54 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

Reigns/Mahal has got to be the worst feud in over a decade. If the intention is to get Roman over with the fans (again...), it's not going to work -- nothing is going to work. Their confrontations (like tonight on Raw) and match/matches are going to be hugely berated by the audience.

Mon May 14, 2018 8:14 pm
Profile WWW
The Kramer

Corpse wrote:
Reigns/Mahal has got to be the worst feud in over a decade. If the intention is to get Roman over with the fans (again...), it's not going to work -- nothing is going to work. Their confrontations (like tonight on Raw) and match/matches are going to be hugely berated by the audience.
Hey man, you sound like one of those corporate guys who are trying to SCREW Roman out of the title every chance they get. Cause Roman is the ultimate underdog, the guy who has nevercaught a break or been given an opportunity and Vince McMahon just cannot stand his face or body.

:whistle:

Tue May 15, 2018 1:42 pm
New Server, Same X

0-2

Sun Jun 10, 2018 2:32 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

Mister Ecks wrote:
0-2

Hmm?

Tue Jun 12, 2018 3:55 pm
Profile WWW
Don't Dream It, Be It

RAW has been pretty awful in recent weeks/months, hasn't it?

Sami/Lashley has been truly awful. It's such a random feud, and their segments have been among the worst in years. 1.) Stupid "your life" with his fake sisters. 2.) Sleep-inducing 10-minute rant by Zayne while Lashley stands there. 3.) Obstacle course that lasted an entire 45 seconds.

Reigns/Mahal is unsurprisingly trash.

Nia Jax hasn't been given much to do besides trying to sell this Rousey feud, and has unfortunately been a "weak" champion so far.

Ruby Rose appears set for a push one week, but it's like officials change their mind the next.

The Tag Team Division has become kind of pathetic. I don't know what happened to the Authors of Pain after their debut, but clearly creative wasn't prepared for their absence.

All the men involved in the MITB match are very talented, but the constant matches between them every single week with no payoff is tiresome. Lesnar really, really needs to drop the title at SummerSlam.

Rollins is honestly the only main attraction of the entire 3-hour show.

Tue Jun 12, 2018 4:11 pm
Profile WWW
New Server, Same X

Corpse wrote:
Mister Ecks wrote:
0-2

Hmm?

CM Punk lost his second UFC match.

Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:17 am
The Kramer

Corpse wrote:
RAW has been pretty awful in recent weeks/months, hasn't it?
Yes, thank you. I’ve been so uninterested in the show lately and was worried it was just me. I haven’t finished Raw or Smackdown since April. :(

Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:26 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4052 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 158, 159, 160, 161, 162, 163  Next