Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Oct 21, 2018 9:26 am

Reply to topic  [ 4075 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 152, 153, 154, 155, 156, 157, 158 ... 163  Next
 Wrestling (WWE, TNA, ROH) 
Stealing the show.

Post Re: Wrestling (WWE, TNA, ROH)
Honestly all I want is a surprise one night return of All Red Everything herself with the over the top entrance and redoing the Asuka elimination from NXT. Spot of all 2018

Now get to Work, Bitch!

Dr. Lecter wrote:
Honestly, re-reading this thread now, especially with Riggs' spot-on reply, one must imagine you drunk, in front of the computer and angrily masturbating over David's posts, while crying at the same time.

Sun Dec 24, 2017 10:15 am
No pride

Was happy for my boy Ziggler to get the big US title victory, but was afraid it'd last two days. So of course he vacates it on Smackdown. I guess with a likely 5 or 6 month lull before the next call up like Andrade Cien Almas or Drew McIntyre and they need someone to job to them, they can give Ziggler a rest. Poor Mojo and Dillinger wondering how they missed out on a serving of Ziggler jobber soup while they had the chance.

Tue Dec 26, 2017 12:39 am
No pride

Random Wrestlemania card predict

Pre-show:
Andre the Giant Battle Royale
Hideo Itami (c) vs Finn Balor - Cruiserweight title
The Bludgeon Brothers (c) vs The Usos vs Rusev and English vs The New Day - Smackdown tag titles

Main show:
Shane McMahon vs Bobby Roode
Samoa Joe (c) vs Bray Wyatt vs Matt Hardy vs Jason Jordan - Intercontinental title
The Bar (c) vs The Revival vs Sanity vs The Authors of Pain - Raw Tag Titles ladder match
Jinder Mahal (c) vs John Cena - US title
Randy Orton vs Kevin Owens - no holds barred
Paige (c) vs Asuka - Raw Women's Title
The Miz vs Kurt Angle
Charlotte (c) vs Becky Lynch - Smackdown Women's Title
Seth Rollins vs Dean Ambrose
Triple H vs Braun Strowman
AJ Styles (c) vs Shinsuke Nakamura - WWE title
Brock Lesnar (c) vs Roman Reigns - Universal championship

Heel turns: Shinsuke Nakamura, Bobby Roode, Dean Ambrose, Becky Lynch, Hideo Itami
Face turns: Karl Anderson, Drew Gulak

Toyed with Orton/Shane and Owens/Zayn double turn. I think fans would get behind the Yep Movement vs Shane in authority McMahon mode. Especially with Daniel Bryan involved on Owens and Zayn side

AJ's opponent if he's the champion is hardest. Wouldn't be surprising if Vince went for Styles/Nakamura at Rumble instead after Nak and Jinder feud was such a mess. Orton would probably have to win two Rumbles in a row to be WM opponent (Raw's #1 contender is likely decided in Elimination Chamber, plus I doubt Reigns wins two Rumbles in Philly and both times to face Brock) and him and Owens haven't really singles feuded yet so they could just be saving it. Make Roode win Rumble, turn him heel like his NXT character and see if he becomes an instant superstar? That's another one where you could take the safer route and make it the Rumble match instead. DOLPH? (he could really salty about everyone calling AJ the best wrestler in the world and having the career that should've been him. Has the storyline to resurface in the Rumble and win)

Tue Dec 26, 2017 6:08 am
The Kramer

Slammies

Wrestler of the year - AJ Styles
Runner up: Braun Strowman

Match of the year - The Revival v DIY v Authors of Pain at Takeover Orlando
Runner up: Brock v AJ at Survivor Series

Woman of the year - Asuka
Runner up: Alexa Bliss

Tag-team of the year - The Usos
Runner up: New Day

Promo of the year - Cena v Reigns
Runner up: KO v Vince

Tue Dec 26, 2017 5:57 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

Are we really getting Balor Club vs. The Shield!? I'm surprised WWE officials (Vince) finally decided to acknowledge the Balor Club. Probably more surprising than finally getting Broken Matt Hardy.

But considering how popular NJPW is getting in the West (and their growing network subscriptions), especially with Chris Jericho seemingly sticking around there after his first non-WWE match in 19 years, perhaps WWE officials are recognizing they may need to begin actively appealing to the broader pro wrestling crowd, even if only a little. Wrestle Kingdom 12 last week practically reached max capacity with almost 45,000 attendees -- the most attended show in 15 years.

“Gods are great ... but the heart is greater. For it is from our hearts they come, and to our hearts they shall return.”

Mon Jan 08, 2018 9:11 pm
Profile WWW
New Server, Same X

It's a step in the right direction, but as with anything involving Vince (unless the XFL/football thing is taking up his time and providing Stephanie and Triple H more control), they'll likely take ten steps back.

Matt vs. Bray should have been held off till Wrestlemania. I'm nervous they're going to ruin it and end up killing both (or just Matt, considering they've never been able to push him into a bigger singles star). Seems so misguided for both to have their feud happen so soon.

And Balor Club will be fed to The Shield Minus Ambrose Plus Jordan. And that's a shame because Balor, Gallows and Anderson look a million times better and more confident together. I actually buy Balor as a threat right now. He needs backup. But I don't think he's going to get anywhere.

I'm curious what kind of rules the womens' Royal Rumble will be. Competitor every minute? Wrestling fans can still be too backwards and end up booing a long match with all women. I'm sure they have some nice surprises lined up though (Santina Marella, I hope).

Tue Jan 09, 2018 5:01 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

I have faith that the fans will support the women during the Rumble. Since they're doing a full 30 entries, about ten of them will be NXT women and surprise entries from the past, so that number (1 in 3) will help maintain interest if it does die down at points in the match.

>Trish Stratus will certainly garner a lot of attention, as would Lita if they're included. A potential Trish/Lita confrontation could even receive the biggest pop of the night.
>Nikki Bella returning would give the match a more recent big name.
>Beth Phoenix seems a likely surprise entry, and her interacting with, say, Natalya would be interesting, as would a short alpha female vs alpha female (akin to the usual big man vs. big man in the men's matches every year) with say, Nia Jax or Tamina.

And the elephant in the ring, Rhonda Rousey, would be such a wild card. If she's in it, I don't know how the crowd would react. It'd either be hugely positive, or severely polarizing, and I personally wouldn't want to see her completely dominate the match.

I'm looking forward to the Women's Rumble moreso than the Men's Rumble. There's really only a handful of potential winners in the Men's Rumble, whereas the Women's Rumble could be won by any number of them -- Asuka, Sasha, Bayley, Becky, Nia, Paige, and perhaps even Naomi. That's a solid seven likely winners, not including any unannounced winner like Rousey.

“Gods are great ... but the heart is greater. For it is from our hearts they come, and to our hearts they shall return.”

Tue Jan 09, 2018 6:12 pm
Profile WWW
The Kramer

Handful of winners = 1 = Roman Reigns

I think Asuka will either win the title on Raw 25 or lose her first match on Raw 25. Her streak doesn’t fit with the Mixed Tag Tournament ,and it lets Rousey win the Rumble without greatly upsetting the status quo.

Wed Jan 10, 2018 2:58 am
New Server, Same X

Asuka losing already would kill her momentum.

It's so damn fun watching Sami Zayn and Finn Balor flourish as heels. I can't believe this is the heel Zayn we could have had all along. It fits so well.

Thu Jan 11, 2018 4:47 pm
The Kramer

Paige got injured at a house show and may never wrestle again.

Fuck :(

Fri Jan 12, 2018 7:01 pm
The Kramer

Fuck house shows too. How many times does this have to happen? And for what like 2000 people max?

Fri Jan 12, 2018 7:02 pm
Stealing the show.

I'm gonna cry with this news. Paige is my fave wrestler.

Now get to Work, Bitch!

Dr. Lecter wrote:
Honestly, re-reading this thread now, especially with Riggs' spot-on reply, one must imagine you drunk, in front of the computer and angrily masturbating over David's posts, while crying at the same time.

Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:16 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

Definitely sucks. Neck injuries are the worst. And wrestling is more of her life than most others can probably claim, so I can't imagine what she's feeling, especially given how young she is. I know it's always a risk, and most are surely understanding that one mistake could end someone's career, but Sasha Banks also has to be feeling pretty bad, too, as would anyone who inadvertently causes such an injury. And the "fans" blaming Sasha for this obviously don't get it.

The video of the double-kick is painful to watch; Paige's neck definitely snaps back too far.

Sat Jan 13, 2018 4:09 pm
Profile WWW
Stealing the show.

Baymeyo did the samw move far too different from her a d Paige was fine.

Sasha put too much effort in the kick. She is kinds respondible for it.

Now get to Work, Bitch!

Dr. Lecter wrote:

Sun Jan 14, 2018 12:14 am
New Server, Same X

Sasha may be responsible, but I don't think it's cut and dry. A move like that, too soft and it looks weak. Too hard, and what happened happens. If blame must be placed, yeah, it's Sasha's fault, but I don't think it's a blame game. It's a split second instinct that Sasha over-calculated.

It's hard to watch. Looks fine at first, but then when she tries to get her footing, just crumbles. I hope it's not as severe. She's probably got the best character going in the division. And she's a solid worker. Losing her would be a major blow.

Sun Jan 14, 2018 11:11 am
The Kramer

Sasha goes 150% on everything, but its usually her that takes the worst of that style.

I still blame the house shows. If these people didn’t have to do this 4 times a week maybe their bodies wouldn’t be breaking down so easily.

Sun Jan 14, 2018 1:54 pm
New Server, Same X

Is there a benefit to house shows anymore? It was a way to connect WWE and WWF to cities all around the US and the world, but I don't know that it matters much now. Attendance isn't what it used to be for TV, house shows must be way worse. They haven't been here in years. Working 300 nights a year was this old school badge of honor that guys like Ric Flair and Bret Hart wore, but it just isn't the same today. Each match is a risk, and doing that multiple nights a week isn't worth it anymore.

Sun Jan 14, 2018 2:30 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

Strowman seriously needs to win the title at the Royale Rumble. The man is ridiculously over, perhaps only behind Styles. Chasing Kevin Dunn out of the production truck AND throwing Cole off the stage? You're pretty much over for life after that.

Mon Jan 15, 2018 11:17 pm
Profile WWW
Don't Dream It, Be It

Even after Braun becoming super-over last night, last night's RAW was pretty interesting ahead of RAW 25 next week.

I'm surprised the Curb Stomp was given the okay again. It was definitely surprising to see Rollins use it last night, and it was one of the best he's ever done (and sold incredibly well by Balor). I like the move; I just hope it doesn't lead to any injuries in the future.

Paige was there and acting her usual self (movement). WWE has acknowledged her neck injury, but neither them or Paige have said how serious it is. Paige tweeting that 2018 will be her year, while perhaps just a means to throw fans off the severe injury reports, is hopefully a sign that maybe it's not career ending.

The Revival is probably getting buried next week by DX, New Age Outlaws, or some other team. I don't know if their promo was a work or not, but either way they seem to have set themselves up for it. If it happens, then it's another waste of talent. I'm not big fans of them or anything, but surely creative could have worked them into the tag team division.

Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:41 pm
Profile WWW
The Kramer

Paige looked dead inside to me.

Curb Stomp is back though! Great Raw for the most part.

Tue Jan 16, 2018 5:46 pm
New Server, Same X

It was an odd choice to me to have Paige come out the way she did. I legit thought maybe she wasn't even injured, but of course that's not the case. I don't know, it seems weird. I certainly hope it isn't career-ending. But she deserves to at least have an on-screen role with the women.

Wed Jan 17, 2018 6:04 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

RAW 25 tonight.

Mon Jan 22, 2018 6:48 pm
Profile WWW
Stealing the show.

Ugh, i wanted Asuka to get the title tonight and then have Paige win thr Rumble.... Fuck this shit.
Also maaaybe taker/cena starts tonight?

Now get to Work, Bitch!

Dr. Lecter wrote:

Mon Jan 22, 2018 7:01 pm
Stealing the show.

Wait, Enzo acussed of rape and has been suspended ?!?!? Woaahhh

Now get to Work, Bitch!

Dr. Lecter wrote:

Mon Jan 22, 2018 7:03 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

Well, then...

If the allegations are true (lab tests come back positive, etc.), so long Enzo! Can't say I'll miss you (obnoxious attitude, unsafe in the ring, etc.). And honestly, it should, hopefully, get the Cruiserweight Division back on track a bit and get Nia Jax out of their storyline. This probably does hurt the current 205 Live Tour, though, so I feel for everyone involved in it.

If the allegations are false... hopefully this woman receives the proper punishment for such claims.

Although, I will say that this incident (no matter the result), along with Rich Swann's, is pretty bad and damages 205 Live. It'll probably continue to struggle until they sign some bigger names.

Mon Jan 22, 2018 7:13 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 4075 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 152, 153, 154, 155, 156, 157, 158 ... 163  Next