Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Sep 22, 2017 8:21 pm

Reply to topic  [ 3759 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 147, 148, 149, 150, 151
 Wrestling (WWE, TNA, ROH) 
Stealing the show.

Post Re: Wrestling (WWE, TNA, ROH)
Raw isn't ready for Asuka

Now get to Work, Bitch!

Dr. Lecter wrote:
Honestly, re-reading this thread now, especially with Riggs' spot-on reply, one must imagine you drunk, in front of the computer and angrily masturbating over David's posts, while crying at the same time.

Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:03 pm
New Server, Same X

Vince hasn't put someone over like that since Donald Trump shaved his head.

Wed Sep 13, 2017 1:46 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

Yeah, that was one of the best segments in years.

In other news... Bobby Heenan passed away today at 72. :(

“Gods are great ... but the heart is greater. For it is from our hearts they come, and to our hearts they shall return.”

Sun Sep 17, 2017 10:36 pm
Profile WWW
New Server, Same X

One of my absolute favorites. It's sad that the current generation of fan only knows about the VINTAGE style of Michael Cole or the so-vanilla-it's-painful style of Byron Saxton. Corey Graves is as close to an old school commentator as we have (although my experience of Ranallo is limited at best... he seems close to a Joey Styles).

But Gorilla Monsoon and Bobby Heenan were the voices of my childhood. Their style is unmatched. The JR/King (when he was a true heel color commentator) pairing was close, but never duplicated the style of Monsoon and The Brain. I'm actually surprised when thinking about it how little of them I actually experienced on commentary, but their legacy is immense.

Anyone who hasn't seen it, seek out the 1992 Royal Rumble, my favorite match ever. There's a reason why the entire Royal Rumble (60+ minutes) is an included match on Bobby Heenan's DVD a few years back. It's a master class in storytelling, between the action in the ring and the expert commentary from Monsoon and especially Heenan, who had a stake in the match with The Nature Boy. I credit that match with being my first true experience in connecting with this silly world of wrestling that sticks with me today.

Mon Sep 18, 2017 2:21 pm
New Server, Same X

Got choked up during that Bobby Heenan tribute. He was such an incredible character and an even quicker wit. It's fitting that it's the 25th anniversary of that Royal Rumble for me because that's the match that made me a fan. Even at 5 years old, I remember being just as invested in Gorilla and Brain calling the match as I was watching Ric Flair narrowly avoid elimination at every turn. It's rare, especially today, to remember the commentary of a match as much or more than the match itself.

Tue Sep 19, 2017 11:35 am
New Server, Same X

On the down side, I have no interest whatsoever in Jason Jordan. He's a great performer, but I hate his storyline. Any time they give someone a soap opera-style storyline, it's embarrassing for them and for us.

Tue Sep 19, 2017 11:36 am
Stealing the show.

Can Asuka start kicking the shit out of the raw womens división already plz?

Now get to Work, Bitch!

Dr. Lecter wrote:
Honestly, re-reading this thread now, especially with Riggs' spot-on reply, one must imagine you drunk, in front of the computer and angrily masturbating over David's posts, while crying at the same time.

Tue Sep 19, 2017 11:04 pm
The Kramer

Mau wrote:
Can Asuka start kicking the shit out of the raw womens división already plz?
She should've gone to Smackdown. The Raw womens division is fine but on Smackdown they can't even figure out what to do with Charlotte and Becky. Its very sad.

Wed Sep 20, 2017 2:06 pm
The Kramer

Though really it might've been good to just hold Asuka off until the big Team Rousey vs Team WWE match happens. Asuka is the only one in WWE who could "realistically" beat Ronda. I wanted Asuka to come to the main roster undefeated, but passing the NXT throne to Kairi now seems like the right thing to do.

Wed Sep 20, 2017 2:10 pm
Reply to topic   [ 3759 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 147, 148, 149, 150, 151